What's new
Looks like 5v. Is this correct?

Attachments

• 11.PNG
    11.PNG
    56.3 KB · Views: 387
Thays correct. Wont boot without the 5v on the front. I have the connectors here also.

Good to know. I'll need odds and ends in the future. SOOOO, I bought this sytem and it displays nothing. I hear three beeps. I decided to have it reballed and guess what? I get three beeps upon (having been repaired) installation. The repairmen said the system did not have video via HDMI (only analog), which I assumed is normal. I'm thinking the I/O daughter board is bad. I will need to hunt down av cables (component or composite) for the PS3 to bypass the I/O to test this theory. On a last ditch effort I also capped the entire I/O board. No luck. No video. I have also tried several dip-switch combos. To be honest I did add 12v power to the two pin connector in front of the system. It was only after hunting around that I found the correct voltage is 5. Really stinks. I hope this helps someone. The "DC IN" two pin connector requires 5V! Don't do what I did.

I found some PS2/PS3 component cables. I can hear a faint three ring chime thru my display while using the cables. I can also see the boot up (PS3 dash momentarily) process with the game title when I plug in the analog cables (component) by bypassing the I/O. Without the USB or Harddrive plugged in I get an error code show only thru analog (component cables). I was unable to see the error code thru the I/O in any dipswitch setting (VGA). When I boot up the system with the hard drive and dongle I get the dash momentary via component cables and the image goes black. The system will then show a black screen along with the three beeps via the system and will loop back to dash. I now know the system mobo works but I don't know if the I/o is bad or the hard drive is bad. It just get the three beeps once everything is as it should. I have the number 2 dipswitch set in the on position. I also have the 5v plugged in the front via the two pin connector. I have cleaned all the contacts on and around the board (tarnish remover).

For what it's worth, my 357A I bought would beep three times about two minutes after powering on, then reboot. I had also powered the IO board with 12V! That arcadeotaku thread where someone says it's 12V, is probably catching a few of us out. Anyway, found out it was 5V so rewired and the IO board is perfectly fine funny enough. Shows no signs of issue, and game starts. Interesting, because I had 12V going into it for a good half and hour of testing.

I assume you have the system connected to a JVS IO board of some kind? I tore mine down (it was filthy) and redid paste on CPU & GPU with thermal grizzly to try to give it some longevity as well. Wouldn't hurt to give that a try.

Do you see any LED activity on the IO board?

For what it's worth, my 357A I bought would beep three times about two minutes after powering on, then reboot. I had also powered the IO board with 12V! That arcadeotaku thread where someone says it's 12V, is probably catching a few of us out. Anyway, found out it was 5V so rewired and the IO board is perfectly fine funny enough. Shows no signs of issue, and game starts. Interesting, because I had 12V going into it for a good half and hour of testing.

I assume you have the system connected to a JVS IO board of some kind? I tore mine down (it was filthy) and redid paste on CPU & GPU with thermal grizzly to try to give it some longevity as well. Wouldn't hurt to give that a try.

Do you see any LED activity on the IO board?
I powered on the system with an I/O connected. No change. :( I checked for voltage at the USB connector leading to the I/O. It is getting voltage (both rear usb connectors are). I don't see any lighting for the I/O. I have emailed the Reball guy. He claims to have seen an image in analog via component cables. If the image matches mine then we have a problem with the system. If the image doesn't match mine he could be lying OR his power supply was good and mine is bad. This system is exhausting. I hate it.

The guys responded. He said the system displayed the a "regular PS3 screen". I will change the power supply and see what happens. Maybe it's a faulty but working power supply. I could get lucky. I've done everything else. Why not?

I wonder if the power supply is for japan only. I understand the power supplies are typically international. I could be wrong. I'll report later today.

The guys responded. He said the system displayed the a "regular PS3 screen". I will change the power supply and see what happens. Maybe it's a faulty but working power supply. I could get lucky. I've done everything else. Why not?
Just to clarify. My image doesn't match what the repairmen saw which leads me to believe my power supply could be faulty. I should see the same image he saw without the I/O or another else connected. The only difference in our work bench must be the power supply. I have disconnected everything else to troubleshoot. I do not get the dash with my current setup.

I fixed it. The I/O was bad. I powered it up on my bench without the rest of the hardware via the 2 pin connector. I used a PSP (5v DC) power supply to energize it. It seems to draw very little amperage. Do this at your own risk. I found one diode was getting super hot and likely faulty. I removed it and it tested bad. I replaced it was a diode from a dead namco classic collection I had. It was the same value. SOOOO, if you have no lights at the I/O check the diode. Oh, it's surface mounted. I may upload pictures sometime. Good luck.

Last edited:
Oh, this boardset does require an I/O (for sticks and such) connected to the front via USB connection (I/O port in front) to boot up. It will display the title but not run the title until you do. Have fun.

I know this system is based on the PS3. Have you tried any of the regular PS3 peripherals on the 357 to see if they work?

I was wondering if it would be possible to use a Razing Storm arcade gun to play the game on a regular PS3 instead of the Guncon3 or move.

Do the I /O boards all connect via a regular USB port or does it use something custom?

I know this system is based on the PS3. Have you tried any of the regular PS3 peripherals on the 357 to see if they work?

I was wondering if it would be possible to use a Razing Storm arcade gun to play the game on a regular PS3 instead of the Guncon3 or move.

Do the I /O boards all connect via a regular USB port or does it use something custom?
If you look at the internals of these systems, it's very much a PS3 with a JVS board tacked on. Even the PSU is an OEM part.

There are indeed standard USB ports, one which is occupied by the dongle. Would be surprised if any games actually support PS3 peripherals, somehow I doubt it but anything's possible. The games I would expect to be assuming input via JVS.

I have my 357b reballed, but after that put all the cables drive and i/o then it boot but only the system menu of ps3 has appear but no success in booting the game.
Does yours has boot normally? After the reballing procedure?
Did you supply the needed 5v to the two pin connector in front? Do you see LED activity coming from the I/O inside the chassis?

I tried a PS3 controller and got no luck. If I had anything else I'd try it.

I tried a PS3 controller and got no luck. If I had anything else I'd try it.
What about the other way around? I.e. a 357 I/O board connected to a regular PS3 to use arcade peripherals (like the Razing Storm gun).

Back