What's new

gozaimas

Beginner
Reaction score
I appreciate that NESICAxLive2 is very much alive and kicking in Japanese arcades running on TTX3 hardware, so we are probably years off public emulation, but just wanted to know whether the games for the service might, technically, run on TTX2 hardware? (essentially, I just want to know whether one day I'll be able to run Million Arthur Arcana Blood on my home cab!)

Thats a hard question for a number of reasons while both are pc hardware you have alot of things to consider

Specs of the machine and requirements of the game

Type of game, (some games are 64 bit, some are 32 bit)

Windows version and requirements.

with all that being said, being that these are games made in 2017 onwards, i would say on a stock or nikos muti style harddrive image you would have a Absolute Zero chance of them running.
beacuse, they are likely going to either require, newer Dependencies and Maybe even be 64 bit applications that simply wont run

Now in a hypothetical world where you replaced the os on the ttx2 to say windows 7x64 and managed to find drivers to make everything work, well id up the chance of suesss form Zero to 100% chance of it booting, however, booting docent mean playable framerate id say your looking at a 10-30% chance anything runs well there.

Now if you took the extreme approach of doing all the above, installing 4gb of ram, installing say a newer Gefroce gpu such as the 660 Ti and upgrade the CPU, to the core2Extreme
then yes a game in thoery should play and run prefectly fine,

but the real question at that point is why?
You would have a much easier time, rather then upgrading old hardware, and finding specfic driver versions ect to just buying a new gaming pc, slapping your fio card in it, then everything would work
as you stated your only goal is to play it on a cab, well theres a million ways you can plug normal pcs into cabs. even if you dont want to use the real io boards.

No the games won't run on ttx2 hardware.

Blazblue for nxl2 which also has a version on ttx 2 will have issues running on the ttx2 hardware.

to just buying a new gaming pc, slapping your fio card in it, then everything would work
as you stated your only goal is to play it on a cab
This is something I want to do. I don't have a Fast I/O card at the moment. But when I do, what port on my motherboard do I need to have so I can connect a fast I/O into it? Thanks.

This is something I want to do. I don't have a Fast I/O card at the moment. But when I do, what port on my motherboard do I need to have so I can connect a fast I/O into it? Thanks.
you will need to parts for fast IO

One is the IO board it self that will connect to the controls for your cab.
The other is a PCIE card that you will connect the IO board to.
You will also need the drivers for your specific version of windows. Ask the right person and they may be able to help ;)

Once all collected i have a Fast IO to Keyboard app on this site that will allow you to run most games and a frontend like Attract Mode.

I may at some point make a fast IO to xbox controller emulator-ish thingy for better game compatibility but i have a hundred unfinished projects i need to well finish first

Added note.
I am planning to build a rig around this Idea soon but my aim is to play all arcade fighters i have available. EG NXL1/2 to Sega to Namco all controlled by the Fast IO and doing Fast IO to JVS transcoding

And NO @atrfate i am not using one of your sick themes for AM. i have something really baller in mind ;)

thanks for the thorough replies everyone.

I have a Fast IO and PCIE, so might be time to wade into setting up a dedicated arcade pc w. attract mode etc. tbqh I find PC-building an extremely non-enjoyable headache -- is there anyone you guys could recommend who sells arcade PCs pre-built?

Back