What's new

erzane

Professional
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a sound issue with this game (pls check my wiring shema).

Hi-Low converter have two restistors: Line Out = 10K/25w; Line In = 1K/25w.
On the following shema, Hi-low is now skipped. Amp is also skipped (since SH3 don't have built-in RCA like CPS2, a shame), so the only way seems to be the classic way I guess, but in this case I have 2x right (+/-) and 2x left (+/-). How should I handle this?

The Hi-Low I built:

My audio setting:

HEY added some external stereo speakers on their E2 with SH3 cave PCBs:
How did they manage it :? Maybe are they using a converter like Capcom or Sega?

I forgot to say that I have a PonyII 18. Also, I don't want to use my amp. since there is no way to hook it to the jamma loom. And Hi-Low don't work with SH3. I'd just like to know how can I hook the 4 pin wires coming from both speakers to 10/L (or 10/GND if it also works) of the jamma loom.

Thanks

Last edited:
It can be a solution. Does this Konami works for all other games?

To answer to your question: My Hi-Low worked fine with other games until now. I just discovered that my 500ohm main vol. pot can't be turned to maximum because sound would be cutted (there is a squizzing noise and the sound disappear at max). I tryed two or three times concecutively and the sound shutted down definitively and no way to make it work again. There was a ''pop'' on the speakers and finish.

Maybe there was a shortcut somewhere, but my amp and my speakers are still working well since I tested a CPS2 board after that.

So maybe my Hi-Low blowed up. I just hope that's not my games soundchip... Btw, when I was using only a mono speaker (before to buy all that stereo stuff), the main vol. pot worked great also at maximum. Maybe the main pot does have too much value to support nor the amp. or the Hi-Low...

I'm now trying to find a solution to get the sound of each PCB from my new speakers, even if not real stereo (even is dual mono it's ok), so I made a very simple shema and would like to know if I can do that:

Last edited:
The Konami Audio converter works with all games.

If you have phono output you can put that in an amplifier or simply split one phono into two phono plugs.

If you want to drive 2 speakers directly you have to put them in series mode and connect them to your JAMMA 10 and L like this:

series_wiring.png

About Konami: I see, thanks, so I'll check to buy all parts soon to make it in near future.

About your shema: I modified it to make it correspond to my hardware. Is it ok to wire all like this (A or B is correct?)?

p.s. if I understood well, this ''serial'' wiring is not ''stereo'' but ''dual mono'', and I can run all games, even SH3. Even CPS2 without using its RCA plug, and it will give me sound from both speakers.

Last edited:
A and B are both incorrect and will damage your equipment, please remove these images to avoid confusion.

JAMMA output is amplified so it will support 1 speaker directly or 2 speakers in serial of course they will be mono.

If you want to add an amplifier you need to use the Konami circuit first to get phono output.

Reactions: nem
I see, maybe the correct shema would be this one?

Attachments

• Serial new.jpg
    Serial new.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 166
Back