What's new
No bothering we are just trying to figure this out. As I wrote those dumps were existing byte by byte in previous releases of this game. Question is why were they removed by MAME? Or maybe they were moved into another romset?

I think mame source has some layout info for the diffferent cart PCBs.

It would not surprise me if many arrangements of even common games are unknown.

I almost feel like we would benefit from a wiki at this point.

No bothering we are just trying to figure this out. As I wrote those dumps were existing byte by byte in previous releases of this game. Question is why were they removed by MAME? Or maybe they were moved into another romset?
I quote from Haze:

Haze said:
program is identical to version in MAME

other 2 roms are the text layer roms, for some reason split across 2 roms, with 2 bits changed. I'm assuming this is another case where IGS ran out of the correct roms and substituted something else.

could be bitrot in these, or bitrot in the MAME set

So are these boards good for conversion?

I found 2 of these, need to dig up the rest from storage, I bought quite a few PGM carts from a couple peeps, so I have some duplicates like these

KOV2

DSC_2896.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_2899.JPG
    DSC_2899.JPG
    685.9 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
From the blog that was linked to earlier newastrocity.wordpress.com/2013/07/21/cave-conversions/

For Ketsui and Espgaluda, you want boards that look like this:
well, that doesn't bode well for @Derick2k or I since it looks completely different than either of our KOV2 carts (and both our carts look different too), that's at least 3 PCB designs for that game.

Here's hoping that my KOV SH is at least a match for DDP DOJ

Hello. I bought DDP and Espgaluda bootlegs from a guy in france over a year ago. I had taken high-res from the pcbs.

Hope the pics are useful to find suitable donors.

https://mega.nz/#!lP4hmC5Z!-8-cTZ3TWnJsuHmNLy5zNt-P_KdCtYNuHPqh32HSVOQ

Cheers.
Who prepared this bootleg carts simply used two diodes and a resistor as voltage divider to produce the 3V needed to power the flash ROMs, this is not a stable solution.You should use a simple +5V-->+3V voltage regulator, you can find on Ebay preassembled boards like these ones:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/2x-3-7V-5V-...856859?hash=item3f7c360d9b:g:tB8AAOSwONBZFBRw

Last edited:
Hope the pics are useful to find suitable donors.
Thank you for that, it looks like these were the PCB numbers

KOV2 (ESPG/Ketsui)
prog board: PCB-0333-09-FI
asset board: PCB-0334-00

KOV-SH (DDP DOJ)
prog board: PCB NO-0222-1
asset board: PCB NO-0213

I'm curious what's going on with those green wires though. Is he changing the pin mapping? would that be something that could be done with a custom GAL?

Thank you @edwin128

I resized the pics and uploaded them here for posterity:

pcb_1_1.jpg

pcb_2_1.jpg
pcb_2_3.jpg

Can you tell us which game is which?

Attachments

• pcb_1_2.jpg
    pcb_1_2.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 679
  • pcb_2_2.jpg
    pcb_2_2.jpg
    676.2 KB · Views: 1,216
Can you tell us which game is which?
the top pics are KOV2 ... I can tell because they have the game name skilscreend right on the side of the PCBs.

these also match my own KOV2 PCBs.

Back