What's new

SmokeMonster

Champion
Reaction score
I'm reposting this here from another forum for posterity's sake.

I came across this Pipilio holographic adhesive film and took a shot at making some holo-style labels. The paper is about $3.00 after shipping (though you'll have to request USPS 1st class from customer service).

The labels do look like some kind of genuine product that once existed, but the black print came out somewhat faint. I'm not sure if the surface didn't take as much toner as normal glossy paper or if the shop was running low on toner. I also had them laminated, which bubbled a bit. If someone could perfect the dark text and smooth laminate, this is a great medium for slick labels.

Here are some pictures, and a modified label template w/SNK watermarks to take advantage of the material. It was hard to photograph the effect, but they look like the back of a CD. I also did a "Turbo" sticker for MS2 with the slowdown reduction patch.

It's really hard to photograph, but it looks like the back of a CD:
DSC0796.jpg

DSC0788.jpg

DSC0793.jpg

DSC0787.jpg

DSC0697.jpg

DSC0693.jpg

DSC0682.jpg

DSC0686.jpg

DSC0690.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to get a holo label for the multicart if anyone is going to print these please ;)

Definitely will look into printing myself one of these for the mulit cart.

FWIW you can use packing tape as a poor-mans lamination ;)

I've done that with a lot of the labels I've made, after printing throw some packing tape over it and then cut them out, it's nice and thin, cheap and helps seal in the ink, not to mention that adhesive sticks to paper better than just about anything.

Back