What's new

SmokeMonster

Champion
Reaction score
Just when I thought my tricked out Turbo Express had everything, I found these new glass lenses being sold on eBay. They're legitimate glass and very well crafted. F*N excellent! It's the best $20 I've spent in gaming in a while.

Mods to my Turbo Express:
3.5" LCD Screen
7314 RGB Amp & mini DIN-9 jack
Controller Port - 1-5 players
Composite Video & Stereo Out via Headphone Jack
Recapped - 105°C/long-life caps
New Speaker - 28mm 0.5w 8ohm
Glass lens

Tip: To get sharp, noise-free video like mine, you need to use shielded 75ohm video cable (any yellow RCA works as a donor) inside and ground the shielding on both ends. This corrects the video noise, color noise, and rolling bars that are common on LCD Turbo Express and Nomad mods. It made a night and day difference on this TE and I originally thought that something was wrong with it. I'm talking about the composite video cable to the LCD.

Nice and thick

Installed--like looking at stained glass

The old plastic lens pops right off and the new lens snaps in perfectly. No need to open the TE to install it.

Last edited:
Added more pics. The only thing to notice is that since the new bezel is thinner to suit 3.5" LCDs, your old cut may now be visible. You can see that I have a strip to trim across the bottom edge of the case inside now that was covered by the old bezel.

Awesome, do they have the same for the GT?

Also, who did all your mods? Looking to get the same mods to my GT :)

Last edited:
The American Turbo Express was a much beloved console of mine growing up.

Now if I had to own a portable, I'd go Japanese LT because you can hook it up to a CDROM2 unit.
P4QTi.jpg

That looks amazing. I miss my GT, someone stole it. Bought cheap, worked great barring low audio due to caps, sent it to someone locally for repairs and they disappeared off the face of the earth, with my GT.

Would love an LT but that's not going to happen, crazy expensive.

Back