Apocalypse Professional

• from New-Zealand
  • Member since Dec 6th 2017
Last Activity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Psykick -

Hmm, there goes our theory haha. Back to the drawing board :)

• Apocalypse -

Hi,
    I do use the Gotek USB version.
    See on my blog there are few pics.

• Psykick -

Hi, seems like another game works and that the problem lies in the fact that we have a Gotek USB version and we need an SD version for it to write to it properly. Can you confirm you have an SD version also? Thnx!

• Psykick -

Ok, I will do that first. Thnx so far!

• Apocalypse -

Then I don't know. Try to contact Jeff @ HxC.

• Psykick -

Well I think we've done that, so something else is wrong I guess. Dipswitches? Stick format type?

• Apocalypse -

Nope. You pay only once to get the HxC firmware. In the firmware zip file there's a directory called beta or something similar. There you can find the 3.x.x.x version. Just put it on an USB stick, plug it into the Gotek and after few seconds firmware should be updated.

• Psykick -

Hmm, is that the one you pay for or is there another HxC firmware needed? We've did the steps on the HXC2001 site. Is there another place where I should get that? One of my colleagues did it and he's not here, so don't know exactly. Hope to hear from you ;)

• Apocalypse -

Have you updated the Gotek with the HxC 3.x.x.x beta firmware?
    Now that your Gotek is running the HxC firmware you can update it from the USB stick.

• Psykick -

Ok, we have a weird problem. It boots the first time, but when you give it a credit it turns black, but you hear the game and also when you reboot it it doesn't boot further then the SEga System 24 loading screen. This is a 3 player btw. It writes a file to the stick and that seems to overwrite or corrupt something. Any idea? Thnx!

• Apocalypse -

Ok, just copy the 3 files included in the following zip at the root of a USB stick you plug into the Gotek:
    filedropper.com/hotrod

Let me know how it works for you (there should be the 3p and 4p versions, if they work I can send the 2p version too).

• Psykick -

Hi, can you let me know what to do now. We're ready for the files ;)

• Psykick -

Hi, Great. We've done the update for the Gotek, so all I need is the files for a 4 player and a 2 player. As I have a spare board is there a game that's worth playing for system 24 you can send along? Thnx a bunch for your support ;)

p.s. You can send them to psykick@hotmail.com

• Psykick -

Hey man, I have a 4 player and a 2 player hot rod in the Videogame museum that have bad floppy's and I really want them up and running again. I also have a spare board with an error. I have gotek floppy drives and want them hookepd up to my boards. What do I need exactly? Thnx in advance! KInd regards, Hasan

• Apocalypse -

Hi,
      First you need to upgrade the firware of your Gotek with the HxC beta one (3.x.x) with a serial cable (HxC firware isn't free but it's really worth the 10€ they're asking).
      Then you need to update the loader on the Gotek (just a file to copy on an USB stick you plug in the Gotek).
      And last I can send you the files ready to copy on the stick for Hot Rod.

Cheers.