bobbydilley Intermediate

• Male
  • from England
  • Member since Apr 29th 2018
Last Activity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tawy -

there's a lot of USB RS485 adapter, some with 2 connectors (A+B) and some with much more like this one :
    ebay.fr/itm/302947836908

the goal here is to make a setup with the cheapest, easiest and affordable for all.
    if i ground red+black jvs to the ground USB it will be ok ?

• bobbydilley -

I would recommend something like this one: rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpr…Fulk%2Fitm%2F222770317770.

Yep, the Naomi doesn’t properly check the sync line so red and black can be grounded and it will work fine! I’ve only tested on a Naomi 1 and not a 2, but I’d be surprised if it was different!

• tawy -

i bought 3 différents USB - RS485 adapter (less than 2€ each), i will try them all. if anyone wanted to do it i share the compatibility of each and say what to do to make it work ;)
      i just want to use a simple hid controller for beggining, a also have bluetooth controller, will it work ?

• bobbydilley -

Thank you that will be super useful - I'll be excited to know what you find out!

Yep any controller that you can get to show up in /dev/input/ should work fine! core-electronics.com.au/tutori…trollers-with-python.html This tutorial should show you how to setup a bluetooth controller, and you can stop following it once you've got it to show up in /dev/input. At that point go into /etc/OpenJVS/global_config and add it in under CONTROLLER_PATH setting. Then use evtest to work out what commands the controller is sending, and write a map file for whatever game you want!

• tawy -

mucho perfecto. if any recognized controller will work, a dual shock 4 will be ok (and a xbox 360 wireless controller too with the PC adapter) !
      i'm waiting for the adapters and i have to test my naomi 2 mobo before all of this...

• bobbydilley -

Yep that's correct - In my tutorial video I'm using a dual shock 4 and it works fine!

• tawy -

hello, i have a picopsu, naomi2+netdimm, jvs2jamma... i will try the netboot stuff before with a "simple" supergun. if i can do that, i will try after to remove the jvs2jamma and replace it by the rpi + something like this ?
    ebay.fr/itm/272493131442
    you said that any USB RS485 converter can work ? it's the cheapest, and i'm not in a hurry.

• bobbydilley -

Hey!

That sounds like an awesome setup! The USB RS485 you’ve sent the link to would work, but it’s only got 2 screw terminals for A and B and is missing one for GND/Ground. I’d recommend trying to find one that has 3 screw terminals at the end, A, B and GND as that’ll make connecting it up easier!