What's new

NeoField

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good day,

I saw someone is parting out an 18 wheeler arcade. I ordered a Net City that should be driving in a few months but saw this add come up. I plan to keep the Net City for a long time and was curious if you think it would be a good idea to buy the monitor from this guys 18 Wheeler as a backup. I know it’s not a tri sync but it seems any 31khz is hard to find these days.

Would it just fit right into my Net City if I ever needed to change it out? There isn’t much info on the 18 wheeler game in the manual and it just says it’s 29”. Thanks all!

Attachments

• 45FAFEE5-ED87-4AD7-BF3A-A74A23CC2BFD.jpeg
    45FAFEE5-ED87-4AD7-BF3A-A74A23CC2BFD.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 74
That's a MS2931. It is trisync. I would definitely grab that, even if the tube has burn in (which it likely has).

That's a MS2931. It is trisync. I would definitely grab that, even if the tube has burn in (which it likely has).
Nice! He’s asking $400 for all internal parts, he is sending a video of the screen tonight. Think I’m going to get it

Got the monitor! It looks great but def has some screen burn. I appreciate your help, glad I scored one of these as I hope to have my Net City for a long time. Any idea how to connect a model 2 game to it? Thanks again?

Any idea how to connect a model 2 game to it?

Model 2 outputs high impedance video. I'm not sure if these US cabs have the 15-pin AMP UP connector on the side of the monitor? (I can't see that part from your pic as the frame is in front of it) That connector is normally wired to to the high impedance video input. The pinout for it is here:

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/4/49/Ms9pinout.png

Model 2 video output is on CN7:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/sega-model-2-and-model-3-filter-board-pinouts.1121/

The connector for that is JST NH.

Back