What's new

Triplegreen

Student
Reaction score
First day back to school for the kids so i was going to have a lil beat 'em up marathon. I know my 2 slot has been flaky lately with random reboots in the middle of games. Diagnostics rom isnt reporting anything. well i put my 161 in 1 in and it wont work. the 120 booted once but now it isnt working. Tried both in my trusty 1b and they throw out garbage graphics. i rarely use them and i just cant believe they gave up like that. can they be reworked? if not, i guess i got to get in line for a Darksoft cart.

Definitely worth cleaning the cart edge with some isopropyl and then using an eraser.

While you’re at it, clean the cartridge slots of both of your Neo Geo motherboards. It’s easy to transfer dirt from one to another.

Ok so the problem got worse. 15 of my carts stopped working. The moment I threw the multimeter on the 5v at the harness, everything started working. The voltage bounced between 4.90 and 5.65v. This is a computer supply i use to power my Naomi, so I am guessing that's why it won't boot any of my atomiswave CFs but will boot Naomi ones. Its a 2 year old 550w cheapie Chinese Apower. Time to go PS shopping until then I will just use my Atomiwave cabinet harness.

Ouch. 5.65v is no joke! I hope your carts are ok :(

Back