What's new

bartre

Professional
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm going to be picking up a net city cabinet this weekend.
I've already got some JVS hardware ready to go, but for a few specific games (GGXXAC+R & KOF2002UM mainly) I was wanting to play the steam versions on a PC.
As I understand it, we can't have a standard Sega JVS IO talk to a PC, let alone register as something like a 360 controller.
So what I'm hoping there's something I can drop in that will work in place of the Type 1 IO that comes stock in a Net City.

I'm aware of the JVS-PAC, and that could work fine with an adapter, but I thought I'd see if there's other options first.

Thanks!

As the proud owner of 2 net cities and several PCs... just use a JVS-PAC if it can suit your needs. Mine served me very well for a long time until I got a real X2 motherboard. Also then you don't have to touch or remove the cabs IO board.

It looked like the connections on the JVS pac were more along the lines of a brook UFB. Is there a version with the same harness end as a regular Sega IO?

The Sega I/O usb cable plugs into the JVS PAC and then the JVS PAC plugs into your PC. No need to mess with the cabinet harnesses.

Also just to be sure we're on the same page, this is the JVS PAC: https://irkenlabs.com/product/jvs-pac-2/

The only problem you're going to have is that you'll want a second pc monitor handy. Windows is pretty tough to use at 640x480. You'll also wanna make sure any real games you want to play will go that low too.

How does it interface with the buttons/sticks?

How does it interface with the buttons/sticks?
You might be over thinking it. The type 1 IO still interfaces to the controls directly, the JVS-PAC "translates" for the computer. If you have a PC with JVS PAC, together that setup drops into a net city like a NAOMI motherboard (controls wise).

so the jvs pac goes between the jamma IO and the PC?
roughly breaking down to
Controls -> Sega IO -> USB A to USB B cable -> JVS PAC -> Micro USB to USB cable -> PC

Do I have that right?

so the jvs pac goes between the jamma IO and the PC?
roughly breaking down to
Controls -> Sega IO -> USB A to USB B cable -> JVS PAC -> Micro USB to USB cable -> PC

Do I have that right?
That looks right.

Just get a Sega USB I/O (type 4), put in your cab and have both USB and JVS.

I plug video audio directly into My New/Net Cities. Then run USB cord through the cab and terminate Daemonbite Encoders under the CP to the AMP Up connectors. More work, but cheap af.

The Sega I/O usb cable plugs into the JVS PAC and then the JVS PAC plugs into your PC. No need to mess with the cabinet harnesses.

Also just to be sure we're on the same page, this is the JVS PAC: https://irkenlabs.com/product/jvs-pac-2/

The only problem you're going to have is that you'll want a second pc monitor handy. Windows is pretty tough to use at 640x480. You'll also wanna make sure any real games you want to play will go that low too.
Is a rescaler like gbcs aio necessary to lower the resolutions if a console is connected ?

Back