What's new

NFGx

Professional
Reaction score
I put this together today, because I was tired of scouring 20 sources for partial information, and because I'd just finished a big order of connectors and pins and had all the info handy.
It's not quite done, I'll update it for a while then release the source files for everyone to play with or whatever. NOTE: The attached image is incomplete and contains some part number errors. Click the wiki link for an up-to-date version.

If anyone's got corrections or suggestions or etc, don't hesitate to tell me, please.

UPDATE: added all content to the Gamesx.com wiki:
UPDATE: added the 8-pin JVS power connector to the wiki

UPDATE (Sep 24 '23): Created a PDF with all the pinouts. CC0 licensed - download, copy, modify, enjoy!

Attachments

• SegaPins.png
    SegaPins.png
    186.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
you should make the part numbers also blue. also, add the part# for the pins.

I would also add in the naomi-specific kick harness and analog control pinouts for NNC.

you should make the part numbers also blue. also, add the part# for the pins.
They are blue, just desaturated. I didn't want them to clutter up the place. Do you think they're too hard to read?
I would also add in the naomi-specific kick harness and analog control pinouts for NNC.
Is the Naomi kick harness different? 🤔

They are blue, just desaturated. I didn't want them to clutter up the place. Do you think they're too hard to read?

Is the Naomi kick harness different? 🤔

Yes. Astro/Blast is

1 = P1B4
2 = P1B5
3 = P1B6
4 = P1GND
5 = P2B4
6 = P2B5
7 = P2B6
8 = P2GND

Naomi Universal/Net City/New Net City is:

1 = P1B4
2 = P1B5
3 = P1B6
5 = P1GND
6 = P2B4
7 = P2B5
8 = P2B6
10 = P2GND

btw - thanks for doing this. I'm sure it'll help a lot of people out.

Edit: I was today years old when I found out about the key on pin 1 :D :D :D

I've done something similar over the years, but nothing as fancy as yours, I just stick to excel using my own colour schemes haha

1682990431670.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Edit: I was today years old when I found out about the key on pin 1 :D :D :D
Yeah, right? I was looking at some PDFs from the manufacturer and was like "Wot's that thing?" Very useful!

I think output 4 way is different from the input 4 way
Ahh, that makes some sense. I'm looking at the wiring for the New Astro City, which doesn't have an amp. I Should check my NUC and see what it's doing. It'd be nice if there was a standard for speaker-out and audio-in.

OK, I have put all of the raw data on the GameSX.com wiki:

https://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arcade:sega_city_cabinet_pinouts

This includes part numbers for every plug and socket, and the pins, for both sizes. It also includes colour codes, not that it matters much anymore. It includes the corrections mentioned above as well.

The summary document is up to most of two pages so far. Still to come: the Naomi power connectors (I have the details for these, just need to draw them) and the 400-5198 power supply, which has a completely different set of connectors.

Audio pinout is the other way around...
1 R+
2 R-
3 L+
4 L-

Audio pinout is the other way around...
Ah, thank you. I will fix!
I know the internet is hard, but the info is in one of those 3 posts.
While you're helping edumacate this old man, perhaps you'd be kind enough to tell me which of these three posts includes the information?

Attachments

• 2023-05-03 06.54.17 twitter.com 23c30072-f663-4be9-b9dd-6751bacc2447-picsay.jpg
    2023-05-03 06.54.17 twitter.com 23c30072-f663-4be9-b9dd-6751bacc2447-picsay.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 56
While you're helping edumacate this old man, perhaps you'd be kind enough to tell me which of these three posts includes the information?
Top one. Duey0x0's post. The only one with the replies.
There's the discussion in there you can see, if you just click on the response. I linked the entire thread to give you context, but I guess I should have just linked directly to Duey0x0's post. Twitter's been around since 2006, I didn't realize people still don't know how to use it at this point. Sorry.

Mate, Twitter's a trashfire in so many ways. It's so broken since E. Dumbshit took over that there are days when replies don't load at all. When you say you're linking to a thread with info and you don't actually link to a thread with info, I don't assume you're giving me clues like breadcrumbs and go hunting for your wisdom nuggets. I assume Twitter's broken, again, as usual.

I put this together today, because I was tired of scouring 20 sources for partial information, and because I'd just finished a big order of connectors and pins and had all the info handy.
It's not quite done, I'll update it for a while then release the source files for everyone to play with or whatever.

If anyone's got corrections or suggestions or etc, don't hesitate to tell me, please.
If I can request a WISH, it would be you post the digikey part #'s for each molex connector.

I am using this to upgrade a goldfish catcher to this standard

Last edited:
If I can request a WISH, it would be you post the digipen part #'s for each molex connector.
But they're not 'Molex' connectors, they're AMP/TE Universal Power connectors...? Are you referring to a different connector?
Digipen is a game dev school. Do you mean Digikey? If so, you can search with the part numbers I listed on the Digikey site.

Mate, Twitter's a trashfire in so many ways. It's so broken since E. Dumbshit took over that there are days when replies don't load at all. When you say you're linking to a thread with info and you don't actually link to a thread with info, I don't assume you're giving me clues like breadcrumbs and go hunting for your wisdom nuggets. I assume Twitter's broken, again, as usual.
I'm not going to argue that twitter is garbage. we're on the same page there. But it's not that hard to figure out how to click on comments. You're trying to put together a guide to share with the community to be some kind of resource people use, and you're already scouring breadcrumbs, don't see why the snark and resistance is necessary.

If you don't care for the information, or are unwilling to take feedback and critiques, that's fine. This info can be incorrect and cause people to ruin their gear. That's on you.

I was just trying to help by providing additional info that you are missing. Didn't need the clown show.

Back