What's new

SubScorpion

Student
Reaction score
This may be a weird question but what is the criteria for how the games are alphabetized on the darksoft kit's lcd screen? I've got the roll up pack and a couple of the games are out of alphabetical order. For instance I have a vanilla version of Hyper SFII and a hacked version. The vanilla folder name is "hsf2", the hacked is "hsf2j1". The names on the lcd are HSFII: TAE (USA 040202) & HSFII: TAE (H) (Japan 031222). Yet for some reason the vanilla is in proper abc order, the hacked one comes at the end of the list, in my case after X-Men:CotA. The other games that are out of order are the CPS1/1.5 games, SSFII New Legacy and Pro Gear Highway to Hell. Anyone know why this is occurring? It's clearly not just in the file name as the folders and name files are in alphabetical but not showing up on the screen properly.

Last edited:
I had the same issue...I fixed like a Flintstones...re format your sd card, create games folder and copy/paste game by game in order wanted...ypu must do that anytime you add a game...it's seems like if in paste save the date of adding in PC's HDD.

Ahhhhh I thought that might have something to do with it. I'll do that, thanks!

format first, but then it's the order that the directories are created in... so I created a batch script to create the directories and them copy over all the files in any order.

You can also try a fat file system sorting tool

Back