What's new
Ahhh... these damn boards. I ended up sending my to Chad and has been working like a champ so far. But, If it ever goes out again I'll just put an ms9-29.

I give you mad props for tackling the ms8.
But boy, when they work it's just beautiful.
Wonder what its causing all that garbled image.

Ahhh... these damn boards. I ended up sending my to Chad and has been working like a champ so far. But, If it ever goes out again I'll just put an ms9-29.

I give you mad props for tackling the ms8.
But boy, when they work it's just beautiful.
Wonder what its causing all that garbled image.
chad?

Chad is https://arcadecup.com/.

I sent my MS8 to him, it took 5 months. It still went into HV shutdown when I got it back and then he stopped responding.
Thanks notsonic.

Yeah, that is true it takes a while till you get your board back. Damn, sorry to hear that your board still didn't work man. And yeah he either, won't reply or when he does it will be months later or not at all. The only communication is printing out he's form from website and send it with your board.

None of you guys can tell what was replaced in your chassis to get them going by visually looking at the board?
So far I replaced a lot of stuff on there and still haven't had any luck.

I can't find the repair form, but what I do remember from the form he wrote capkit installed and some trace or pads repair and cleaned. I guess I messed something up when I did capkit or something. But it was working fine after I did capkit and then, one day it just stopped turning on. Sometimes it turned on and sometimes it didn't. So I just shipped it to him before it got worst or for safe measure. In fact... yesterday when I was installing mame pc via jpac monitor dint have a glow or turned on. So I turned off and on again and it was fine. I don't know anymore.....

I didn't see anything new on my board that I could see.

Attachments

• IMG_20240729_032817.jpg
    IMG_20240729_032817.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20240729_032750.jpg
    IMG_20240729_032750.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20240729_033750.jpg
    IMG_20240729_033750.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20240729_042628.jpg
    IMG_20240729_042628.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 37
Awesome!!! Congratulations man, glad you got that fixed.

Unfortunately for me, it started doing that Horizontal shut down recently. Will go on for about a minute, then screen starts shrinking and then a solid line then poof!! Black screen. Swapped it with an ms9-29 with enhancement mod.

Will try to mess with the ms8 some other time.

UPDATE:

So after doing the enhancement mod and new caps on the ms9-29 thinking this will be the new chassis for the cab, I figured I check over the ms8-29 one more time since I really put time and money into to it when I sent it to Chad for repairs. (250.00ish)

Turns out what, was causing my shut down was a stupid resistor solder pad that Came off the silkscreen pcb, when you looked at it it looked like a normal solder point but I decided to re-check all the work i did by pushing all the solder points i did with tweezers and in this particular one it moved freely, had to scrape off some of the trace in front of it and re-soldered to it.
after that, I left it on for 4 hours and it stayed on.

The only issue now was, I had a wavy video interference. That was fixed by removing ground wire that was attached to frame bracket, look at picture below.
20240923_205318~2.jpg

now it finally looks fantastic again!!!!
20240923_201754.jpg

20240923_201711.jpg

Congrats man, that had to feel so satisfying!

Hell yeah bro!

Now I'll put that ms9-29 in a donor tube I got a Phillips tube. I already know it works since the ms8-29 was in it and it looked so crisp. But decided to put back the toshiba monitor with ms8-29 it's got some burn in but damn it still looks good.

Here is the model tv for reference inCase anyone finds one:
20240919_094341.jpg

Back