What's new

Segasonicfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been loving my Ender 3 S1 Pro. Its been a real beast and I did a couple of bed upgrades that have been icing on the cake. Wondering if others have done any upgrades or Marlin tweaks? There is some software stuff I'd like to do. and hopefully one day would love to make the heat brake fan more silent. It's a great printer though out of the box though.
If you wanna collab on firmware upgrade stuff or have any tips, lmk! :)

I think you have to start by asking, what problem do you want to fix or improve? Personally, I think entry level printers are almost universally improved most by 1) aftermarket extruder/hotend, and 2) switch to klipper/duet. Of course, those are generally not cheap changes relative to the price of the machine so it depends on how much you want to put into it.

Or, if you're into the printer making its own improvements, there are no end to things you can do.

Once you are acquainted with the marlin firmware definitely recommend trying out klipper. Some nice qol with remote print jobs, network monitoring and commands. Plus you get more full control of the printer you wouldn't get with the stock fw. Bed leveling is made simpler with directions of how much to turn the knobs and such. Ended up returning the silicon spacers and had bed leveling locked down for weeks.

Maybe it wasn't too clear from OP, but I'm really looking only for replies from Ender 3 S1 / Pro owners.
Def heard good things about Klipper, but I rather not jump into it just yet as most of the new features aren't that beneficial to what I"m already doing. Cool about the bed level stuff though!

If you own an Ender 3 S1 Pro and want to chat about it / talk upgrades, please lmk :)

Definitely loved having the ender s1 pro as my first printer. Pretty decent printer since creality took all the popular upgrades from the community and release the version with most of the mods applied. Learned a lot with troubleshooting the printer and it also helps since its mostly open source. Didnt do much mods to it beside getting klipper from a spare pi i had and only changes is added a accelerometer to enable input shaping, but if you get a chance some texture bedsheets can give some prints some nice design. Upgraded to a bambu x1c so I am totally out of the loop now, but I would still consider it a great entry level printer that still holds up well today.

Back