What's new

awbacon1

Champion
Reaction score
Edit : using same thread for diff question

anyone know the part number for the USO edge connector on the Konami Viper? Google isn’t giving me anything. Of course the manual has no part number either

EDIT 2 : NEVERMIND. I AM A CHOWDER HEAD AND DIDNT COUNT THE PINS. ITS JUST A FEMALE JAMMA ADAPTER WITH THE KEY MOVED

So of course my love of light gun games compounded with my weird obsession with 3D Konami arcade games that never got ported home...and I bought a Warzaid PCB. Works but listed as not registering the gun. Fingers crossed when that arrives is just a brightness issue (because the Konami M2 light gun boards that function on the same gun do the same thing...IMO the screen needs to be TOO bright)

but...it's medium resolution and I currently do not have a setup for medium resolution games. Seems like the manual does not indicate if any of the dips allow the game to run in standard def. (ugh medium res I hate you)

So options are

1 - source a tri sync monitor in Chicago. Issue is I am sorely out of space for new shit like this

2 - try to use something like the GBS control to downconvert medium res to 240p for my PVM

3 - try to use something like the GBS control to upscale to 480p for a VGA monitor

My curiosity is whether or not anyone has attempted anything like this? I know light gun games get sensitive to sync issues when scaled but I've never heard mention of anything in regards to Warzaid.

So if anyone has attempted this and been successful...lmk!

Or am I being stupid and should I just find space for a tri sync? Could always build a custom wood enclosure for it and carpet it up like some big speaker lol

Last edited:
Go with Option 1. Find a medium res monitor.

I once tried to use a Extron VSC 500 to down-scan 24khz Total Vice to 15khz monitor. Picture displays just fine but sadly I couldn't calibrate the guns. :(
Never tried to up-scan to 31khz CRT monitor. Might work...

Go with Option 1. Find a medium res monitor.

I once tried to use a Extron VSC 500 to down-scan 24khz Total Vice to 15khz monitor. Picture displays just fine but sadly I couldn't calibrate the guns. :(
Never tried to up-scan to 31khz CRT monitor. Might work...
Yes that was my concern as I’ve tried scaling Total Vice / Evil Night and the up/down scale breaks the sync for the guns. So I converted the games to standard def with some hex editing and new isos

Hmm...wonder who’s got monitors in Chicago? Better yet wonder how much my wife will kill me if I get one

any light gun that senses the raster wont work through a scaler.

Back