What's new

VodkaGobalsky

Professional
Reaction score
I managed to kill my 400-5198-01 PSU by blowing the IC3 transistor and D9 diode. The AC power passthrough seems to be working still on it. Here are my questions,
1) Is it worth it for me to try to find replacements for IC3 and D9 and try to replace them to fix it
2) I've remove the broken transistor and diode, is it safe to still use the PSU just for AC passthrough to power the monitor?

I'm planning on just ordering a replacement but I need the monitor to at least be powered in the mean time.

Attachments

• Image from iOS.jpg
    Image from iOS.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 78
I would try replacing those two components.

The PSU board doesn't pass through AC. You don't have to put it back in, you can leave it out. Everything that runs off AC will work normally (monitor, marquee light).

ohh okay, that's good news, thank you.

Only issue is I have no idea what the value of that diode is.

got a question for the same PSU 400-5198-01 whats the value for the VR1 trimpot that adjust 5V anybody has an idea it needs replacement has markings 13L have no clue try to find code value with no luck also try to measured the resistance i get different values

I managed to kill my 400-5198-01 PSU by blowing the IC3 transistor and D9 diode. The AC power passthrough seems to be working still on it. Here are my questions,
1) Is it worth it for me to try to find replacements for IC3 and D9 and try to replace them to fix it
2) I've remove the broken transistor and diode, is it safe to still use the PSU just for AC passthrough to power the monitor?

I'm planning on just ordering a replacement but I need the monitor to at least be powered in the mean time.

Failure of that transistor is pretty common on that PSU however its generally a pretty easy fix. I believe the part is a 78l05 that regulates the -5V

Take a look at the links on this post to the schematics which may have the diode documented
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...voltage-on-astro-city.9143/page-2#post-146042

Yeah I actually fixed it a while back once the parts arrived. I also bought a backup PSU just in case I wasn't able to revive it.

Well I managed to kill my psu again. I think it might have been the wrong jumper on my IO board I used. Now I need to get another diode for the burnt diode. I bought 2 last time and forgot where I put the extra one! Ughhh. Now I can’t even find a cheap one of those diodes online anymore.

Actually, I'm just going to order it from yoycart like I did before. I thought shipping was $25 but it was actually defaulting to the wrong weight.

Back