What's new

jassin000

Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Maybe I missed the information already but... Can Naomi 1/2 games be ported to AW?
If not (or other issues exist like JVS-to-JAMMA conversion) I can't see supporting this project on AW games alone (ie they don't have that many good ones).

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Can Naomi 1/2 games be ported to AW?
I think this would be quite interesting, if for no other reason than having a nice compact JAMMA setup that could be used to play NAOMI games.

I'd also be interested to know if the "System Board Y2" games could be ported to AW or NAOMI, or either of those system games ported to Y2...
Notes in the MAME driver suggest it's similar: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/y2.cpp

only 1 game dumped currently but it's KOF 2002, would be cool to play that on AW or NAOMI. Similarly this is a very compact (smaller than AW) board that supports BOTH JAMMA and JVS making it quite compelling as a platform for NAOMI or AW games, or heck, even homebrew.

Last edited:

dennisfxm

Student
Reaction score
I can't see supporting this project on AW games alone (ie they don't have that many good ones).
There's a CPS3 multi, right? :)

Between Metal Slug, the SNK fighters, the ASW fighters and a few games that weren't officially ported anywhere else (Dolphin Blue and I think Rumble Fish), this is definitely a great and unique catalog, plus some games are creeping up in price and it's hard to distinguish real carts from fakes. NAOMIs aren't getting any cheaper, either. If you're not into fighting game games, I get it, but there is a handful of good games on the system.

Last edited:

hyp36rmax

Grand Master
Reaction score
There's a CPS3 multi, right? :)

Between Metal Slug, the SNK fighters, the ASW fighters and a few games that weren't officially ported anywhere else (Dolphin Blue and I think Rumble Fish), this is definitely a great and unique catalog, plus some games are creeping up in price and it's hard to distinguish real carts from fakes. NAOMIs aren't getting any cheaper, either. If you're not into fighting game games, I get it, but there is a handful of good games on the system.
Ironically most people will leave their CPS3 multi on Third Strike no less :thumbsup:

jassin000

Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
If you're not into fighting game games, I get it, but there is a handful of good games on the system.
Its not that (I actually really really like fighting games, I mean my avatar is of Blanka) its as you mentioned...
a handful

That isn't enough to warrant the effort and cost of a multi IMO, also I might feel differently IF I had no way to play these games.
But I DO have a way to play them, we all do...
  • On Naomi + NetDIMM: 100% for free
  • On Dreamcast + GDEmu: 100% for free
So I say, good luck you'll need it to sell people on this project (baring some advancement like porting the Naomi1/2 catalog to AW).

Last edited: