What's new

Fredo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a Cameltry board, and the game works fine but there are some audio issue.

The sound effects seem to be at normal volume, but the musics are barely audible.

I tried working on my cab's audio circuit, but nothing changed. Then I plugged a headset directly on the jamma audio output without the sound going through the cab, and the problem remains.

I'm starting to get worried about the board, but then I saw the manual mentionning the -5V on the jamma pinout, which my cab does not provide.
Screenshot_20230922_221730_com.microsoft.office.officehubrow.jpg

Can somebody here confirm/infirm, that the Taito F1 board requires -5V ? Or is there something wrong with my board ?

Thanks

Check and see if there's a trace coming off of Pin 5 on the JAMMA connector on the board on both sides. If there's no trace coming off of the pin then -5V isn't used.

From the symptoms you're describing, It sounds to me that your board needs to have the electrolytic capacitors replaced, and possibly the OpAmp for the music chip as well.

There is indeed a track with components on pin 5. Guess I'll have to build a - 5V adapter to find out.
IMG_20230929_204035.jpg

Back