What's new

mR_CaESaR

Champion
Reaction score
I know they are only copies, but when you have never owned one, it's pretty hype!
Mate, chewlixs are great! I love my pair! They're not perfect out of the box, but they're definitely great.

I'm slowly doing a change on mine - I'll be upgrading the monitors very soon along with re-wiring it to become JVS standard, I'm trying to replicate the taito wiring as best as I can :) I probably could've just gone a jvs to jamma, but these cabs will never ever have a JAMMA board on it, so there's really no point. I've also got some Fast I/O's on the way which I'm hoping will work with 6 buttons (information I'm reading about this particular pcb is it's not compatible - we'll see around December, but the time I get the I/O's and wire it up with the proper harnesses, it'll take some time).

That all being said, if we had access to OG Vewlix's like the US - I would love to get myself original C's

mR_CaESaR

Champion
Reaction score
I opted to keep it 1080p for the time being.

The LG standard 32mp58hq has become one of the most recommended, so once I update with those, my current issue of being able to split video should now be removed - for whatever reason, the pc always boots in 720p and not 1080p.

I'm thinking about putting a PC on there, but I've already got a PC/360 in the noirs, so I'm not too fussed.

Once I get the ttx3 working, I'm almost sure, it'll just go back to being a ps4 setup lol

The sinden is nice and I'd be very keen to understand how aussies will import it due to our strict firearm laws (I lost about 400 on a brand new namco game due to customs confiscation.. but it is what it is). I'm lucky in the sense that all the light gun games I want to play are only the Namco ones which are all available on the PS2 and I have a cab dedicated for that purpose.

It will definitely be interesting to see how this chewlix import goes - I would love one more as a vertical setup, but I just physically don't have the room anymore LOL

plasia

Grand Master
Reaction score
My Neo Geo collection used to be shockboxes, they looked nice on the shelf.

In other stuff... Who wants to do the Australian 4p NeoTris multitap? The guy is releasing the design not offering it himself...

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
I'm happy to build it if the plans are made available. I don't have a Neo multi cart to test with though. I think I need to get one the next time they're available.

waali

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be making a multi tap when its released dependant on design.

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
I've built 5 of the Furrtek designed Neo memory cards - they're 32k with the bank switch and no battery needed.

https://github.com/neogeodev/NeoMemCard2

Hirose connector, Panasonic caps and resistors. Cypress FeRAM

I don't need 5 so I'll be selling a couple of these on once they've been tested. Let me know if you're interested :)

plasia

Grand Master
Reaction score
I'd be interested if it works on my MVS? I have MV-1F

xb74

Professional
Reaction score
I've built 5 of the Furrtek designed Neo memory cards - they're 32k with the bank switch and no battery needed.

I don't need 5 so I'll be selling a couple of these on once they've been tested. Let me know if you're interested :)
These will be like the Neo Turf Masta ones I am guessing? If so, lock me in for one please (AES)

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
I'd be interested if it works on my MVS? I have MV-1F
Yes if you have the memory card reader attachment. Only MV-2 and I think the big first generation MV-1 have the slot on the board

These will be like the Neo Turf Masta ones I am guessing? If so, lock me in for one please (AES)
Exactly like that but no fancy shell, just bare PCB

Jumpingmanjim

Student
Reaction score
My Neo Geo collection used to be shockboxes, they looked nice on the shelf.

In other stuff... Who wants to do the Australian 4p NeoTris multitap? The guy is releasing the design not offering it himself...
Where is the design offered? I can only see the multitap for sale.

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
He hasn't released it because it's not done yet.

He has said when he does finish it it's likely to be offered as open source rather than him making and selling it

K0NAM1

Student
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have some UD-USB coming, whats the best fightstick to buy for it, I don't want to spend over AU$200 and would prefer to buy it from an Australian seller, it doesn't have to be new?

Thanks.
Richard

xb74

Professional
Reaction score
Exactly like that but no fancy shell, just bare PCB
I can live with that :)
Hi All,

I have some UD-USB coming, whats the best fightstick to buy for it, I don't want to spend over AU$200 and would prefer to buy it from an Australian seller, it doesn't have to be new?

Thanks.
Richard
Smaller or larger stick is a consideration. For that budget you should be able to get a second hand Razer Panthera or Razer Atrox (both larger sticks with quality Sanwa parts) off Gumtree. Brand new smaller sticks by Hori and Mayflash are plentiful locally (Gamesmen, JBHifi, EBgames) but the parts are not always name brand. Having said that, this fact might not worry you for your usage if you just want to bash out some SF occasionally. Hope this steers you a bit?

mR_CaESaR

Champion
Reaction score
Get a VSHG from YAJ.

I got mine for 70 shipped. Granted I waited 10 weeks for it.

But I'll take a VSHG fightstick over a lot of other fightsticks for double the price (even triple)

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I’d start emailing them for action. If you don’t, you’ll have to wait even longer. Trust me, I’ve waited up to 4 months.

mR_CaESaR

Champion
Reaction score
Did you guys end up placing that order with Akishop?

I placed one 5 weeks ago and haven't heard a single thing about it since. I know they are slow, just curious if you guys having the same issue?
yeah they're slow af! lol

I ordered some parts 31/05, they arrived 04/08 :D