What's new
from axun:
Yes. As long as it is connected and welded as required. This requires a certain amount of hands-on ability.

Wow! This is just what I needed! I'm going to your site right now. :) Thanks!
Ordered one just now... can't wait to try it out.

Last edited:
Guys, you dont have to use the extra features like DB15 or kickharness.. if you just want to capture video from your JAMMA boards this is the key and $20 less than competitors

I put my name down for two other products already or I’d be keen (not gunna reneg my interest out of fairness to the creator).

I’m actually curious though, what kind of protections are in place with regards to voltage, video signals and also when linking up two cabs. Does it supply load to the lines of the 2P PSU? I heard there is sometimes issues when passively passing through signals for 2 Player link ups?

I’m actually curious though, what kind of protections are in place with regards to voltage, video signals and also when linking up two cabs. Does it supply load to the lines of the 2P PSU? I heard there is sometimes issues when passively passing through signals for 2 Player link ups?
Pretty mildly concerned about this as well. As a streaming solution alone it seems like a great product; I'll pick one up for that alone. However finally having a commonplace h2h peripheral on the market to go with it would be a dream come true...just doesn't seem like much thought has been put into the "extra" 2P harness since it all looks passive. Definitely would like more details on that in comparison to the official vs kits, etc etc.

Of note, the PGM/PGM2 2-cab harnesses seemed to be passive too. Am unsure how they were routed out of the actual PGM unit though. I’m just keen to know/learn more technical info about how this would work really. Is there a chance for the second cabs PSU to burn out or any chance or crosstalk with voltage lines?

from Axun please excuse my translation:
The second cabinet does not need to supply power to JAMMA. Because JAMMA is disconnected. The task of the second cabinet is to receive RGB signals, audio signals and control signals. The power supply of the second cabinet only needs to supply power to its own display. You can also understand that the TV does not need to supply power to the game console, a reason. In fact, there is no need to worry about these many problems, just plug it in and it will work. It's that simple .

He will supply videos of this working.

Axun (Part 2):
Some friends on the forum said that sometimes there are problems when passively passing the 2 Player link signal. I want to know what is the problem? Need to point out the problem specifically. In this way, I can provide targeted answers.

The concern is that you "shouldn't" run a PSU without a load. Does it ultimately matter, impossible to say because I'm sure it depends on the particular PSU. There's two easy ways to fix this. Throw cement resistors on the 2P adapter or unplug the PSU on the second cab.

For the record, the Universal Jamma versus kit by Hatsune Mike doesn't put any load on the second cab either:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/universal-jamma-versus-kit.9787/#post-157359

However, Mike does have components for the 2P side video to make sure there's no impedance mismatch between different monitors. I'm not sure if that's taken into account here.

Does any VS board pull load on secondary psu?
This just seems similar to the other ones i've seen.

In terms of minimum load, a lot of regular IO boards for stuff like JVS also pull extremely low load, so not a great idea to put PSUs with a min load specified in a cab :)

Am I missing something? How do you connect two cabs video together ? If it only has scart and VGA out?

i forwarded the questions. he will provide answers and also a video is coming on it being used on 2 candy cabs

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20210122215632.jpg
    WeChat Image_20210122215632.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 121
I must have misunderstood when I ordered the kit, the seller doesn’t actually have these, you pay him and he then builds one. I cancelled the order, it doesn’t look like the load issue on the 2nd psu was considered. Not real comfortable with the answer, “plug it in and it works, it’s that simple.”lol I know my Exceleena’s power supply will emit a high pitch wine when the jamma edge isn’t connected and it’s just running the monitor, plug a jamma board in and it’s silent.

I see in the video two cabs working together but I still don't see how a VGA or SCART out connects to the rgbgs jst lines on the chassis of a arcade monitor.

I see in the video two cabs working together but I still don't see how a VGA or SCART out connects to the rgbgs jst lines on the chassis of a arcade monitor.
Look at the 3rd and 4th photo at the bottom of the original post, or at the 5th post on the first page, there is a separate board he is offering.

Oh ok, didn't see the other board. Makes sense now.

CPS2 Axunworks JAMMA Extractor JAMMA Capture with OSSC and USB3HDCAP
(1280x960 @ 60fps)​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3-hSkvS4lg&ab_channel=SamiAckerman

NOTE: I ordered the $400 Magewell for 1080p and 4k OSSC support
those videos to come soon

The Axunworks JAMMA extractor as a capture device came out GREAT!!!!!
Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L4.1
Format settings : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 2 frames
Muxing mode : Container profile=Baseline@3.0
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 5 min 5 s
Bit rate : 6 076 kb/s
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 960 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 59.940 (60000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.082
Stream size : 221 MiB (98%)
Language : English
Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Duration : 5 min 5 s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 4.66 MiB (2%)
Title : Stereo
Language : English
Default : Yes
Alternate group : 1

Just placed an order.
Jamma extractor and 2p for having Head 2 Head and the possibility to record/stream at the same time.
Looks like a very nice device and I'm looking forward to test this. :D

edit:

this might come together wehen I have the device in my hands, but right now I can't really understand how to hook the kickharness for CPS2/3 up to my setup (2 Blast City)
just by looking at the pictures. This a different from the solution I'm using right now.

Last edited:
axun makes his own cps2/3 kick harness that works on all his devices. its only $10
but if you send me a pic of yours i am sure he will tell you what goes where

and thank you
:D

i really like the captures so far.

Back