What's new

bytestorm

Professional
Reaction score
I have a cps1.5 unit that need new 64 & 40 pin connectors (both male/female) since the old ones have too much corrosion inside from the old battery to work reliably :(
having a hard time finding suitable replacements for these.. does anyone know if mouser or digikey have anything that would fit?
These should be the same as the ones used in regular cps1 stacks i think..

Thanks for your time!

erf.PNG

I believe the original connectors were made by 3M and now discontinued.

Hmm yeah I guess so :(.. but the 40pins on the C board I have seen on the infinity board somewhere I think.. or in worst case I have to use regular unshrouded ones maybe. But that looks kinda soso.

Cool! I actually found some shrouded headers that would fit! But the SOCKETS seems to be a different beast.. they were quite expensive too the sockets..
there are some cheaper with only 25 mating cycles, but the quality ones are over 10€ each..

Not super expensive but kinda annoying when you need 8.. ;(

I’m only going off what little I know from searching for these type of connectors in the past (needed the ones from B board to A board).

Maybe others will chime in some info for you though or have some in their stash, good luck!

Thanks! I think I am onto something now.. must have been searching with strange parameters before because now I actually found some! :D
Althou very difficult to find info about the mating cycles.. 25 seems kinda low, but most sockets I find doesnt state this, only "plating quality".. well, thanks for helping me out! Ill continue and try to fill the list here in case someone else also need :)

Back