What's new

Martyken

Student
Reaction score
Hi all, I have been searching the internet trying to find ideas on what could possibly replace the bottom piece of an astro city control panel bezel.
So far I have seen some clever and painstaking woodwork to house the top part, but was wondering if anyone here had other ideas.
I have a few spare control panels and it seems that the top pieces are easier to find than the whole panel bezel ripped from a blast city, however am not sure if this is a road I should be going down :P
Would like to make something similar to the Sega Saturn HSS-0130, but it would probably be easier just to get the bloody thing!

Any who, if anyone any has thoughts or experience with these things let me know!

Cheers

Can you post pics of the part you're talking about? On an Astro the control panel lower is attached to the cab. On a blast city you can take the whole control panel assembly off. So what part exactly are you talking about? The control panel surround is also called an upper. so there's the lower, the upper, and the control panel itself. the control panel seats into the upper. the lower and upper are connected by a hinge.

Can you post pics of the part you're talking about? On an Astro the control panel lower is attached to the cab. On a blast city you can take the whole control panel assembly off. So what part exactly are you talking about? The control panel surround is also called an upper. so there's the lower, the upper, and the control panel itself. the control panel seats into the upper. the lower and upper are connected by a hinge.
Thank you for the clarification of the terminology! I believe I am looking for something to replace the control panel lower. Attached is the upper piece, I am looking for possible ideas on what could possibly serve as a base for one of these outside of an astro city machine.

Attachments

• cp1.jpg
    cp1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 136
does that upper surround have the hinge on it still? I used to have a test station that was basically an astro built onto a desk. all the guts anyways. I screwed the control panel down onto the wooden desktop using the hinge. It wasn't secured in the back with locks like it normally would be, but I was also only using it as a test rig. Not a competition/gaming piece.

I have at one time owned the lower control panel of an astro that was sawed off of the body. I don't remember where it went though.

I would say anything is possible but the easiest thing would probably be wood.

Back