What's new

d00mdrew

Grand Master
Reaction score
Just got a BG bootleg but can’t get audio from the board. Graphics are fine, and the game recognizes all inputs. Here’s pics of the board:

IMG_3503.jpeg

Boot screen:

IMG_3512.jpeg

Worth noting, I can only get it to boot with graphics on my supergun. When I tried running it through my cab, I got clicking noises from the PSU and very faint garbled graphics on the monitor. Not sure where to start, but doing a quick search showed @Hatsune Mike has some experience with these?

Thanks!

You can swap speaker + and - to get audio working but note that you have a bootleg sound chip (KA51…). Your sound mix will be … different 😅 I still have to try if exact 5.00v really fixes the audio mix.

I guess I got a pcb from the same batch last week and I struggled with the same problems.

I tried reseating all the socketed chips and reflowed the volume pot…seems to have audio now…not sure what the exact culprit was…definitely has the hum. Might have to order some caps…

So I replace the C5 cap and didn’t notice any change in the hum/buzz.

It’s weird if I play the board in my cabs the sound of there but if I fire it up with my supergun, the sound is gone. Guess I stick with it in the cabs.

Back