What's new
Reaction score
I just purchased a Battletoads PCB, I tried hooking it up to my retroelectronic SUPERGUN and OSSC through SCART to my HDTV and I am not getting a signal. Based on the feedback from the seller the board was in working order and I have tested this same set-up on my two capcom boards with no issues.
Would anyone have any suggestions and any knowledge on how to fix this?

the ossc isn’t getting a sync signal, or your tv isn’t showing anything? Can you hear audio out the 3.5mm jack of the ossc to figure out if it’s booting but just playing blind?

Man, if you would have asked this last week I would have tested for you. I have a BT cabinet now, so the memory is hazy, but before, like 3 years ago, with my HAS I recall the BT did have an odd sync with the HAS to OSSC that needed adjusting.

I can test for you in 2 weeks when I head home again, but until then, someone else will have to help.

First thing is to be specific about exactly what is going on, like how @ekorz is asking, is the OSSC not getting signal, etc. Also, I hate to say it, but I've seen YT videos saying the retroelectronic is a bad supergun that can potentially harm PCBs. I have never used one, so grain of salt, but just be careful with it!

+1 on @XtraSmiley post on the Retroelectronic. Was the first supergun I bought and after doing some more learning, experience, found that unit to be trash. Had pcb's that wouldn't produce an image, but when plugged into an arcade cabinet it worked fine. It wasn't just once in a great while either, seemed to be fairly frequent. Do yourself a favor when dealing with expensive pcb's like Battletoads and invest in a HAS, or something along those lines.

I also cringed when I thought of plugging an expensive Battletoads PCB into such a cheap SuperGun. The Retroelektronics are all over the place on quality - some of them work fine, but others have bad grounds which have been known to kill controllers or the upscalers that are plugged into them.

That said, the Retroelectronik does have a Sync Adjustment Pot - try fiddling with that and see if your OSSC latches onto the signal. As long as the OSSC light is green then it should be sending a signal to the display. If the light is green and you don't see anything, try different upscale factors on the OSSC - on my TV, some boards only work with X2 or X3, and not with X4 and X5.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, I didnt test the audio to see if it is running blind. The OSSC light is green. I will try playing with the sync pot on the retroelectronic tonight and see what happens.
Looking back at it now the retroelectronic was a regrettable purchase, I should of done more research before diving in...

I actually added my name to the list for the next round of HAS superguns when the pre-orders were last open.

Back