What's new

mskhaos

Student
Reaction score
Having a rom issue with a Konami Djmain board running beatmania the final. 2 roms show an error in the test screen. I replaced every rom on the board and got the same results. I also replaced every socket and got the same result. Voltage tests good at 5v to the board. Another strange issue, 0 Rom 0 through 3 are all close together on the PCB. While removing roms to determine the ones that are showing bad I noticed O rom 0 would test as "ok" if O rom 2 was not present, and O rom 1 would test "ok" if O rom 3 was not present.

Attachments

• 20211123_200044.jpg
    20211123_200044.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 77
first, continuity test for broken traces between ROMs. ROMs can also be internally broken in such a way that makes them work when one or the other is missing from the bank, i.e. ROMs A, B & C may all be testing bad, but only B needs to be replaced because it gives a bad connection between A & C. not sure if this helps but glhf

first, continuity test for broken traces between ROMs. ROMs can also be internally broken in such a way that makes them work when one or the other is missing from the bank, i.e. ROMs A, B & C may all be testing bad, but only B needs to be replaced because it gives a bad connection between A & C. not sure if this helps but glhf
Im tired of attempting to fix this board. Do you know of anyone willing to repair this hardware?

Im tired of attempting to fix this board. Do you know of anyone willing to repair this hardware?
i'm located in australia, pm me if you want to ship stuff down here but i'm sure you can find a local to help you out if you post in the right place

Back