What's new
$400 for a twin setup. It is quite a deal. Games don't currently work. Likely a power cord is disconnected. 2-hour drive each way and I need two trips. I am very tempted.
Assuming the motherboard uses JVS, they would still be candidates for swaps. It would just be a matter of figuring out appropriate control changes.

A concern could be if the issue is due to the Namco motherboards. I'm not sure how widely used and available they are.

If I had that deal available to me, I'd be trying to make it work, if for no other reason than having a good starting point for conversion to other games if you can't get the stock games to boot. Having said that, I don't know how much work you'll put have to put into retrofitting a dashboard with Sega force feedback if you wanted to go that route.

One cab powers on with white lines running through the monitor. Maybe it is just a H-hold adjustment. Maybe not. The other cab doesn't power on. Both are in great shape otherwise. But I think I'll pass. Only because I want a Chihiro setup.

One cab powers on with white lines running through the monitor. Maybe it is just a H-hold adjustment. Maybe not. The other cab doesn't power on. Both are in great shape otherwise. But I think I'll pass. Only because I want a Chihiro setup.
In my experience in the OR2SP cab, it seems to be compatible with most drivers. Now that I've got a custom JVS I/O can manage control remappings, I'm thinking a cabinet with the 2 position self centering shifter would be the most compatible with other games, including Lindbergh, though I'll have to test those out some more.

For NAOMI2 in the OR2SP cab:
ID3 (presumably 1 and 2 as well) (All controls and FFB works)
Jambo Safari (All controls work, no FFB - not available in stock game anyway)
Club Kart (All controls work, FFB works)

Control changes are needed for Crazy Taxi 1, but otherwise you have enough controls available and the appropriate shifter. It's playable, but don't put it in reverse because you won't have forward mapped up to anything.

I can't remember off hand which one, but one kind of worked and was playable with force feedback, but lacking a few controls, and the other wasn't playable: 18 Wheeler and King of Route 66

For Chihiro in this cab :
OR2 (all controls and FFB)
OR2SP (all controls and FFB)
WMMT 1 and 2 (playable, auto transmission only, needs dedicated 6 position shifter for manual, no FFB)
Crazy Taxi: High Roller (no FFB designed for this game, playable, but control remapping needed to access Jump button and forward/reverse on the shifter)

I'll have to boot up the Lindbergh again, but I recall almost all the drivers being playable with some having controls unavailable, but likely can be corrected with a control remapping solution. The monitor is a potential issue here, though, as many of them need HD and will not display on the stock OR2SP monitor. An HD LCD monitor could potentially be retrofit into a OR2 cab (hopefully with optional VGA input for the older generation motherboards). Force Feedback doesn't work on Lindbergh, but it's apparently only a matter of swapping in the RS455 Sega Force Feedback board and all wiring and FFB motor matches up otherwise.

If you got an ID 1-3 cab, I think you'd be in pretty much the same boat. I can't comment on wheel turn radius differences vs the OR2 setup. You'd need to buy a Chihiro separately, but it would be a drop in replacement. All wires/connectors you need are there.

I don't have a Triforce or any other JVS system, so cannot comment on other potential drivers.

Are you wanting a twin setup or just one? I'll go halfsies with you if you only want one.

Are you wanting a twin setup or just one? I'll go halfsies with you if you only want one.
Where in CA are you located? Updated your profile please.

Geeeeeeez!... I had my eye on an ID6 (listed as ID4) on auction BUT that went for $2,200 USD. There was a pair and the winner got both of them both for $2,200 each. Ouch... too rich for my blood. Shame, really wanted to bring that home and have ID 6 with the multi boot to switch out with....oh well still keeping an eye out for a moderate price one that would work with the most ffb compatibility on the multi..... :(

Geeeeeeez!... I had my eye on an ID6 (listed as ID4) on auction BUT that went for $2,200 USD. There was a pair and the winner got both of them both for $2,200 each. Ouch... too rich for my blood. Shame, really wanted to bring that home and have ID 6 with the multi boot to switch out with....oh well still keeping an eye out for a moderate price one that would work with the most ffb compatibility on the multi..... :(
Was eyeing those as well. Were they auctioned as a set or individually? Online, they both ended at the same time

The winner of the auction gets their pick of the cabinet and the option to pick up the second one at the same price as the first.

Thinking about getting an outrun 2 to put the lindbergh into. Outrun 2 (regular version) is Chihiro right?
Does the chihiro have the same type of connections as the lindbergh? In other words can I just swap out the Chihiro with the lindbergh and use the same psu and other connections?
Would outrun2 on the linbergh multi boot still have force feedback on the cab?

I've never worked with the Chihiro so am completely unfamiliar with it.

Outrun 2 is Chihiro, which does not have the same power connectors as Lindbergh. I use a separate ATX power supply for my Lindbergh. You could come up with an adapter, too.

JVS wiring is compatible (USB cable).

Audio wiring is compatible.

Force Feedback is not compatible. Lindbergh needs a different FFB board, but it uses the same FFB motor found in OR2, so wouldn't be a huge deal upgrading (I haven't done this yet, though).

The stock monitor will only be compatible with the low res games found in the multi-kit unless you swap out with a hi-res display.

Back