What's new

Zebra

Professional
Reaction score
Just wondering how you guys handle 6 button game wiring with a Supergun?

I.e. Are you rewiring buttons 4, 5 and 6 every time you switch PCBs to one that uses a different kick harness? Or is there a way to wire a 6 button controller to work with all PCBs when played on a Supergun?

Use a standardized pinout for your controller and also use a standardized pinout for your kick harness port. It makes everything easier.

For controller pinout, use the laugh pinout as it's the most popular one used. There's a bunch of products that use the same pinout so it will just make things easier for you down the line.

As for the kick harness port, most use a DB9 connector but some use a different pinout from others. You don't need Ground (GND) on your kick harness port since your supergun is already connected to the PCB's ground.

JNX Pinout:

1. P1 K1
2. P1 K2
3. P1 K3
4. P2 K1
5. P2 K2
6. P2 K3
7. GND (Only on JNX base harnesses)
8. GND (Only on JNX base harnesses)
9. NC

French Supergun Pinout(iirc):

1. P1 K1
2. P1 K2
3. P1 K3
4. GND
5. P2 K1
6. P2 K2
7. P2 K3
8. NC
9. NC

thanks. That sounds easy enough as I have a bunch of DB9 breakout boards leftover from a CNC project.

My Supergun has no ports for a kick harness. It just has standard two row db15 (Neo Geo style) ports. I guess that for my set-up, I would use a seperate db9 breakout board for each kick harness so I can easily disconnect the kick buttons and transfer them to a new kick harness when I change game.

I bought an adapter to use SNES controllers with my Supergun thinking I would be able to use all six buttons but only 3 work (or 4 on Neo Geo games)...

Back