What's new

Alex_P

Beginner
Reaction score
hehe, sounds familiar, you're likely triggered original MS6's bug - game will hang if press left+right+fire at the same time.
normally it is not possible, but it is a PITA for PC emu-gamers who mainly use keyboard.
what? haha, that's interesting :D I didn't know

MickyMac

Beginner
Reaction score
I was reading some youtube comments on smokemonsters video about the dreamcast converts that they (the dreamcast converts) have 0 frames of input lag but the naomi converts have several frames of input lag due to the loader app handling the input conversion.

Does anyone know if this is true?

MetalliC

Grand Master
Reaction score
I was reading some youtube comments on smokemonsters video about the dreamcast converts that they (the dreamcast converts) have 0 frames of input lag but the naomi converts have several frames of input lag due to the loader app handling the input conversion.

Does anyone know if this is true?
this is partial true, DC conversions have zero additional lag, NAOMI conversions normally have 1 additional frame lag due to async JVS I/O polling, and may have 1 more if use some crappy JVS I/O board, which may add more lag (cant remember which models do this).
in any case, AW games are 3D rendered games and have a long "pipeline" (i.e. lag) by design, so +- one frame is not really noticeable

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Do the Dreamcast conversions not add lag while moving controls to the Maple Bus? Or is this done already in original Atomiswave configuration such that there is no "additional" lag?

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
this is partial true, DC conversions have zero additional lag, NAOMI conversions normally have 1 additional frame lag due to async JVS I/O polling, and may have 1 more if use some crappy JVS I/O board, which may add more lag (cant remember which models do this).
in any case, AW games are 3D rendered games and have a long "pipeline" (i.e. lag) by design, so +- one frame is not really noticeable
Super good info as usual. Thanks @MetalliC