What's new
So I got some 100 Y coins and was super stoked to test em out. They all fall through the return coin a lot though. Maybe my coin mech was adjusted to take tokens instead of 100 Y coins?
Definitely a common occurance, especially in cabs sourced from China.

If you have an Asahi mech, just follow this guide and revert it back to accept 100 yen. It can be fiddly and frustrating to get it right, but just take your time and be patient: https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/AD-81P_Coin_Acceptor

The theory in that guide should apply to most other coin mechs also. Good luck.

I do have the Asahi coin mech.

Adjustment 1 is fine the coin falls through

Adjustment 2 I cant get the screw to turn at all

Adjustment 3 I messed with, with no luck

—-

All my yen coins either get stuck half the time or go through the coin return slot.

I’m not sure how to get to adjustment 4 and 5 yet but was wondering if any of this is a clue as to what adjustment needs to be changed?

I’d say like 3 coins of 50 I tried fell through to where the bucket would be.

I’m thinking it’s adjustment 5 because the pins can’t grab the coin. But also I have no idea what I’m doing. Lol.

I couldn't get adjustment 2 screw to move. but after finally figuring out how the door swings open with the magnet I saw what that screw did. After playing with it, I just put a little felt pad on the other side of the adjustment #2 screw to use as a spacer. Now it works with the 100 Yen coins. Tried wd40 and grips but couldn't get that screw to move. May try to get some penetrating oil.

Thoughts on using the coin mech for US quarters, 100 yen coins, or Sega tokens?

Good work.

Also, just use whatever tickles your fancy or brings enough nostalgia to warrant putting in a coin for a credit.

I'd set all my cabs to Free Play but I still like the "coining up" feature. I use 100 yen coins mostly, but grew up using 20 cent Australian coins which are massive and I didn't want the hassle to modifying the coin slot.

Good work.

Also, just use whatever tickles your fancy or brings enough nostalgia to warrant putting in a coin for a credit.

I'd set all my cabs to Free Play but I still like the "coining up" feature. I use 100 yen coins mostly, but grew up using 20 cent Australian coins which are massive and I didn't want the hassle to modifying the coin slot.
I’m somewhere in the middle.

Something turns me off about free play, I need the credits, but what’s the point as I’m at home… so all of my cabs have a ‘coin’ button instead. Usually replacing the coin return button.

Gives me the nostalgia of inserting a credit, with the convenience of free play…

Nice work on the restore. Fun, huh??

Can a Dreamcast psu power my Naomi 2 or the Blast City itself?

06ADC253-DC6D-427B-9A13-04832259EABE.jpeg

I shall not mess with a Dreamcast PSU then lol

Am I moron if I just double side tape my Sun PSU on top of the Blast City PSU with 5 strips or so?

Nah. There isn’t a lot of space on that wood panel though so honestly I let that PSU bounce around when I put it in mine. The cab isn’t going to move, so not mounting it won’t hurt anything.

Push and lift from back and person in front pulling and we got it!

80A8996F-E3A4-4B96-839A-C9EB5A8EF44F.jpeg

Attachments

• E010A03F-8226-4C72-BD15-2D1B19EE428B.jpeg
    E010A03F-8226-4C72-BD15-2D1B19EE428B.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 77625CFD-56FE-4C08-B510-5C5D37FCA4ED.jpeg
    77625CFD-56FE-4C08-B510-5C5D37FCA4ED.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 53
  • B42D54B3-984A-453E-9AAB-DF24442D273F.jpeg
    B42D54B3-984A-453E-9AAB-DF24442D273F.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 55
Back