What's new

Devil_mish

Student
Reaction score
Hey enthusiasts!

I've recently bought a blast city and I absolutely love it, and it works for the most part except a few small issues that I just can't figure out.

Monitor doesn't stretch fully to width edge:
I've tried adjusting the Nanao monitor via the remote but the pot is as high as it'll go, but there's still a good 2 cm either side of black.

Monitor width sometimes shrinks:
Maybe related to the above, very occasionally the screen will collapse very slightly for about 30 seconds before slowly enhancing again. This happens randomly but seems to be on start up, maybe as the machine is 'warming up'? (Added some photos, Tekken 4 with small black bars, marvel 2 when it's at it's worst)

Naomi 2 netdimm w/ capcom Io and 001 loom not powering:
Ah the classic, ill-fated combo. I have the 001 loom and it works perfectly with my namco system 2x6 with capcom Io. I've tried powering the Naomi without the capcom I/o but still nothing, and I've also adjusted the 5v and 3.3v pots and they are within 0.1v each. 12v is a bit low at around 11.3v though. Could this be the cause and therefore I'd have to pull the PSU out and see what's going on? I have powered this via my Vewlix PSU and plugged the rest into the blast and everything runs fine, or I have a separate sun PSU for power as an alternative.

Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20220507_215037.jpg
    20220507_215037.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220506_221642.jpg
    20220506_221642.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 40
Depending on what chassis you got in there, there's a horizontal limit setting you need to adjust. On the nanao 2930 there's a pot on the chassis that you can adjust for the limit. On the 2931 I believe you need to get into "extended menu" to adjust, but I am not 100% sure.

The netdimm is very power hungry and in my experience doesn't like the blast city power supply with weak caps. I suggest giving it a recap and see if that helps with the booting issues.

I have the Nanao 2930. Thanks for the suggestions, I've found the HSL pot to adjust the horizontal size and that's tackled that one, thanks!

I've put a sun PSU in the blast as an extra for now, not ideal but it works. I've also attached a video of the screen horizontal shrinking and then slowly coming back in (
View: https://youtu.be/jknIEwqFw_c
). Reckon that's a chassis recap?

Agree with BlinG and ItsBobDudes, I'd bet money on bad caps. Usually slow shrink/expand is bad caps. If it was sudden, I'd vote for flyback.

Recap both the monitor chassis and blast PSU (sound amp too while you're in there since they are in the same metal box).

Agree with BlinG and ItsBobDudes, I'd bet money on bad caps. Usually slow shrink/expand is bad caps. If it was sudden, I'd vote for flyback.

Recap both the monitor chassis and blast PSU (sound amp too while you're in there since they are in the same metal box).
Brilliant, thanks for the confirmation Mattsoft and everyone else for their input!

Back