What's new

trashedcabs

Student
Reaction score
I'm refurbishing a Blast City that we totaled out from a recent container order. Really bad cracks that kept growing as we moved it around the shop. I took it to a local auto paint supplier and we matched the paint to the code 18S6718 from the Valspar automotive book. It's an exact match! This also appears to match the Net City and Naomi Universal. Hopefully with this info there will be fewer people spraying these things with bright white Krylon. :)

As for the crack repair itself, I first dremeled out the crack on the inside of the shell with a wide V shape, then I sanded with 60 grit and used epoxy resin and fiberglass cloth to give it strength. Then on the outside, I dremeled a V shape into the crack and filled with body filler, sanded, then did the paint work. So far it feels extremely rigid; I have no doubts this will hold up to regular home use and then some. Remember: the strength comes from the glass fibers, NOT from the epoxy bond itself. I definitely learned a lot during this process and am excited to try it again.

The rest of the cab was horribly caked in cigarette dust and needed a deep clean. I will post some shots at a later date.

Attachments

• IMG_7900.jpg
    IMG_7900.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_7931.jpg
    IMG_7931.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_7969.jpg
    IMG_7969.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_7996.jpg
    IMG_7996.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_7983.jpg
    IMG_7983.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 138
Hi,

Any idea of what would be the Sherwin Williams matching code? there is no Valspar at my corner of the planet.

Thanks.

1709320801810.png

Who's responsible for that?
(Sorry for the little derail)

Back