What's new

Holy-snes

Beginner
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone could shed some light on this board. It's a Street Fighter 2 World Warrior, but very different to your standard board.

I picked this up off an ex op who had it in a box for 20 years.
Silkscreen says Capcom, but the board colour is a lighter green, more like a 1942 board colour.
ROMs are all soldered direct. The C board is CPS-B-03 which comes up as Willow, but that's mounted on another daughter board, which is then mounted to the B board.

Not sure if it's some strange early release, or some hack/boot job that was done back in the day.

Anyone seen one or have any info regarding?

IMG_20220111_215551.jpg

IMG_20220111_215600.jpg

IMG_20220111_215615.jpg

IMG_20220111_215652.jpg

Never seen something like that... Looks like exactly the same silkscreen elements comparing to original one for capacitors, roms sockets, logos, and even the font used for references, so maybe a korean or china cheaper assembly?

Question is... does it work?

That's interesting. CPS-B-03 is for Willow
The B and C boards "look" legit, the non-socketed EPROMs doesn't seem right for an original though but there have been a number of near exact replica bootlegs
I second that it could be a Korean variant.

The small board between B and C looks like it simply adds the kick connector but maybe someone else can chime in on the potential of using a B03 chip on World Warrior.

Yes. it would be nice to have some hi-res pictures of both sides of that additional board sandwiched between B and C boards.

As I can see, it has 4 GAL16V8-equivalent chips. One of them may has the same functions of C632 PAL to handle kick harness inputs, but the other 3 ones are unknown... Maybe they make some kind of signal remapping to make a multi-C fashion adapter using GAL equations for mapping? just thinking... :D

I think B and intermediate B-C boards are bootleg.
B-board lacks not only sockets, but some capacitors and resistors present in OG, roms and eproms aren't labeled as usual and uv windows are covered in common unlabeled material. The interconnectors are black, same as bootleg pang 3 style boards. And that green-yellow tone it's not legit.

Korean factory i guess.
i have tons of korean NeoGeo carts with the same typo roms.
1660549609741.png

the board between b and c is very rare.....

The board between B and C seems to be a hack made to adapt a B03 C board to work as something else. That would my guess as why the eproms seem to be not original as well.
Looks like a conversion to me.

Back