What's new

motafgc

Beginner
Reaction score
So I have the opportunity to get a decently priced japanese crazy taxi cabinet with some audio issues and a cracked marquee. Was wondering how difficult it would be to convert it over to having a normal single player control panel? Has anyone else tried this?

I did it many years ago to a crazy taxi upright that literally fell off a truck. You will need the full control panel assembly--both top and bottom housing and all related parts. If you decide to chop it down to sitdown height, you will also need the roll-down coin mechanism that goes inside here.

1702164645493.png

Also IIRC the crazy taxi marquee mounts in place of the regular marquee mounting assembly, so if you want a top marquee, you'll need to find one of those. It's been nearly 10 years so I'm going off memory, but IIRC besides these two things, it *should* all just bolt up. The JVS IO board, monitor remote, and test buttons can all be transplanted from the steering assembly to the new one.

IMO to the right person a Crazy Taxi should be just as valuable as a Naomi/Net City, and is also much less common. I've been on the look out for different Naomi Universal parts over the years for a different reason, and finding that control panel bucket or monitor shroud, plus shipping, is not easy or economical.

Reactions: nem
Yeah, not a great idea. A Japanese Crazy Taxi is worth more than a Net City.

I'm looking for some crazy taxi control related parts so if you go through with buying and converting please pm me.

100% if I go through with it, anything you need that's getting swapped is yours

I have a control panel bottom in rough shape if it would help.

I'd consider buying the Crazy Taxi out right so it doesn't get ruined.

I'm pretty sure GndZero (@GeekMan1222) still deals in Naomis/Net Cities.
Converting a Crazy Taxi or w/e back to a Net City makes zero sense now. Those cabinets go for more than the base units alone.
Used to it would make more sense not so much now.

I think I can get a Net City right now out of Japan if you need one but idk if its sit up or sit down style yet (they made two different styles)

They will be sitdowns. Uprights are very rare, basically unicorns.
I been offered upright Nets but not as often. TBH any of the NUC / Net are way less common for me to find over there. The NNC is all I really see.

just wanted to update you all ima let that cab live lmao. For now the only cab I'm gonna convert is a dino king, and I think I now have a lead for a decent enough price on a new astro city for my candy cab fix.

if anyone in here IS interested in the crazy taxi lmk and ill send you the listing on fb marketplace, seems like a crazy deal now that I looked into what they go for. Its out on long island I think. Not sure if the guy ships or not but could be worth a shot if anyone in here wants to snag it

Back