What's new

Dreamstate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that I have my 2X6 Multi-Dongle (Thanks @brizzo !), I am trying to backup my current DVDs and test a few others. I burned (I used Imgburn on 8X) Battle of Yu Yu Hakusho and it boots and plays, but the audio music and the cut scenes in between battles just hang until I press start. It does not sound like the DVD player is struggling. I did swap out my player recently for a different one that I happen to have and it runs Tekken 5.1 and Soul Calibur 2 originals just fine. Just wondered if anyone had any advise on burning speeds or setting or anything that might help before I burn anything further. Thanks!

I try to burn my ISOs on the lowest speed possible that my DVD burner and software can support. This is common practice when burning PlayStation 2 copies as well. This might solve your problem. I also use imgburn for windows because it’s free and I have had success when burning any kind of media on a disc. Summary: use the lowest burn speed that your dvd drive burner can support. 4x is the sweet spot!

Yea same for me, IMGBurn and the slowest burn speed (4x)... Also I should mention I use the known/good MAME dumps/CHDs.

Cool. I used the CHD's from the link in our forums, but I will definitely try 4X. Thanks!

I don't have the link handy, but someone made a nice spreadsheet of all the known dongle/keys and what disc they boot/belong with.
Had some nifty info on it, like for example Tekken Dark Resurrection's B dongle unlocks all the characters, the A dongle doesn't but they both boot the same three known images.

Back