What's new

Ermac

Student
Reaction score
A few moments ago I managed to make a conversion of Strider version Usa with the help of @Darksoft , the conversion works perfectly, I used a floor c from street fighter champion edition, but I have the floor C of a strider that did not work at all, the custom chip It originally has a cps-b-01 but this chip was dead, I imagined that the CPS-B-21 chip could be a perfect replacement and proceeded to install the CPS-B-21 chip in the C floor of strider with registration 88622-C-2, the floor now works fine, only with sprite problems, the characters have a kind of flashing like when they hit you but this flashing never ends, is it that this chip is not compatible or is there some extra connection missing? The chip is perfectly soldered without joints between legs.
Here the video:
View: https://youtu.be/WHuh4-TWvro?si=ttFkXHP1jjcLSoMY

Attachments

• IMG_20240211_150055.jpg
    IMG_20240211_150055.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 25
Cps-b-21 and cps-b-01 are if I'm not mistaken identical, so the problem is with the PCB itself of the C board I think.

I have another pcb that was from a final fight with a CPS-B-01 chip but remarked to 04 it didn't work either and I installed a CPS-B-21 chip and I have the same symptom.
For that reason I think there must be some connection missing.

Attachments

• IMG_20240211_153618.jpg
    IMG_20240211_153618.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20240211_153624.jpg
    IMG_20240211_153624.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 22
The b21 can be programmed to any c board you want. They usually have a battery on them to retain the program code. When the battery dies it will revert back to b01 as Darksoft has explained. From my experience the correct type of A board is needed as the clock speed onthe different variations of the motherboard wont be compatible with every other game. Also games are very picky on what c board is required. I had a final fight that refuses to accept the same c board becuase one was world and one was jap.

Have to also be extra careful when removing c boards. The pressure will cause the smt leg to pop up and then the chip will require a reflow.

Thank you very much for your answers, I will occupy the sf2ce c-board for this Strider.
Regards.

Back