What's new

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Asked permission from @Darksoft before posting this. This thread is relevant for Australian & New Zealand members only!

I'm trying to figure out how many people are planning on purchasing the forthcoming CPS-1 multi so I can be sure to allocate enough stock for the store.

Please post your username below if you plan on buying the Multi locally.

Also, if you like, please indicate which of the 3 options below you'll most likely want. I know it's difficult without any confirmed pricing, but it's good for me to have a rough idea so I can make sure I have good levels of stock of everything ready to go.

1. Standard Multi Kit
2. Deluxe Multi Kit (same as option 1 + 3D Printed LCD case, LCD extension cable, confirmed compatible SD card)
3. Deluxe Multi Kit + prepared C-Board

NOTE: This is not a confirmed waiting list, it's just an interest thread to gague interest locally. However, if I am only able to get limited stock of the multi, those who expressed interest in this thread will get preferential treatment out of courtesy.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies everyone. Bumping this again as I know there'll be:

1. people that haven't seen this
2. people who haven't bother expressing interest here

If I am only able to get a certain amount of units, people in this thread will 100% be taken care of first and foremost.

Last edited:
Prices / Release date for the multi have been announced. The prices are fixed between all distributors at the time of release. Given the exchange rate right now, we’re looking at $1029 AUD, however that might slightly fluctuate around January. The kits are due to ship first week of February and it takes just a few days for stock to arrive to me usually.

The SD/Extension Cable/LCD Case option will be ballpark $50-70 but will confirm that closer to the time and see what other bits might be needed.

Postage costs will be the same as usual. $25 AUD standard post with Signature on Delivery, $35 AUD Express Post with Signature on Delivery. $10 extra for each option for NZ peeps.

Feel free to add yourself to the list, or if you change your mind. It will help me order enough for the store. At the moment we’re sitting on 10 people interested. I’ll order a further 5-10 units for the future / people who haven’t seen this post, but I’ll ensure everyone who’s expressed interest on this post gets their place in line.

Don’t sleep on this. Who knows what the future of the parts shortages hold in the coming months / years.

Really excited for this one! Thanks for the support.

I can honestly admit that I’m still on the fence…. $$ and concept wise I have no issues with this, my main reservation is with the fact that there will likely be future revisions/enhancements and what they will offer (if anything) over this first public version.

I need to better understand the functionality and any limitations of this first version (Eg, how 10/12 MHz switching done, who gets Q sound chips and them vs FPGA?? ) before committing :(

Are you aware of the options for the audio chip for the ordering process? Do you select or are you just given what you’re given?

Understood. There’ll be a reveal video and also a post detailing/reviewing/explaining all the features soon.

There’s not much a future revision can offer. Even then, it’s easily a good 2+ years away, if it’s even feasible.

There’s absolutely zero difference between FPGA and QSound. If you want an original QSound chip with your multi, I can have that for you and the price will be the same.

10/12MHz switching… my lips are sealed for the moment.

Ok mate, i know you’ve had first hand experience so if you’re saying that all the features needed are there and working then I’ll be guided by that, and wait for more info in the coming weeks.

If you have access to the qsound chip option then given that and the above, you’ve twisted my arm, put me on the list for one with qsound chip!

Back