What's new

Fantazia2

Student
Reaction score
Just gotten round tonight to setting up my new multigame board and came across an issue fitting it to my B Board.

Dont know if others will have the same issue but its caused by one of the plastic stand offs that hold the pin sturdy boards in place, basically it hit the top of a cap on the B board and stopped the board from being pushed down all the way, the quick solution was to just cut the top of the stand off and then it fit no problem.

From the install instructions the board used had a smaller style cap on it so don't know if mine has been capped at some point or if its just the rev 6 board I used.

I've attached a picture to show the issue.

Other than that it worked on the first try, the biggest issue I had was deciding what game to load up first. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DS-CPS2-Cap-Issue.jpg
    DS-CPS2-Cap-Issue.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 318
I've been able to just bent the cap off to the side enough for it to clear.

You have this clearance problem because you installed the "pin support" pcb upside down. That plastic stand should be in the top side of the PCB ;p

I had the same issue, i just removed that one plastic supporter.

Its just on the wrong side, There is a 4th hole without a supporter. so later on i thought it would be better to place that supporter there. but on the other side, i could easily mount the bourd with just two plastic pins.

You have this clearance problem because you installed the "pin support" pcb upside down. That plastic stand should be in the top side of the PCB ;p
The pin support PCB was already attached to the board when I received it from Darksoft.

mine looks the same way. Seems to work fine just looks a little odd.

if its really somethign that is bugging you and you dont want to bend down the cap then with todays technology advances (no pun intended to Back to the Future) then you can just but a new low profile capacitor and replace it

if its really somethign that is bugging you and you dont want to bend down the cap then with todays technology advances (no pun intended to Back to the Future) then you can just but a new low profile capacitor and replace it
2 Seconds with a craft knife and the top of the plastic stand off was removed solving the issue, much easier that replacing the cap, and as Mitsurugi-w said he usually just pushes it to the side a bit.

Back