What's new

Alejandro M.

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just got my hands a a Big Blue (pictured). Came with Xmen vs Streetfighter for $300 its in ok shape. Definitely gonna swap it with my CPS2 Multi or MVC2 .The more I look in it I see things that I will need to restore. I was excited for the Q-Sound audio but theres only sound coming out of the left speaker and not the right. Ive looked and made sure all cables are connect, and also checked the game configurations for audio and still nothing. Posted pictures of the audio amp that is inside. Anyone have any ideas for me to troubleshoot Id greatly appreciate it, thank u
20220430_130125.jpg

Attachments

• 20220430_124712.jpg
    20220430_124712.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 20220507_155045.jpg
    20220507_155045.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 20220507_161352.jpg
    20220507_161352.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 120
I don't have a big blue or Q-Sound setup but I would start by checking out the butt splices and this one in particular, doesn't look great:

Capture.JPG

Should probably re-do all those to be honest, and trace the wires and make sure everything is going where it's supposed to.

swap the speaker plugs at the amp and see if the sound comes out of the other side.
if not then it's your speaker or poor wiring.
if it does then swap the phono plugs - if it goes back again then it's not the amp but more likely the phono cable or gameboard

Reactions: nem
$300 Big Blue? Great deal for being in California

Make sure your Q sound amp is getting power. If the red light isn't on, it's not getting power. Q sound is very temperamental, but once it's working it's amazing

That Q sound amp looks different that what you have there. I think that's just a stereo amp that may have been dropped in.

That's a Sega amp. Same one as in Naomi Universal / Net City.

should be fine,
Q-sound is only stereo, it uses delay and frequency-shift tricks to get the 3d effect

I have heard some stuff about the Capcom amp having some custom ICs for Q-sound and that it's required to get the "full experience" but who knows how true that is

I have both Capcom amp inside Capcom candy and also installed just the same sega amp on Egret 2 and it is just awesome too, it comes with volume pot and for sure have enough power to drive those capcom-yamaha speakers (the same as q25 and Impress cab)

Back