What's new

arcadeWC

Professional
Reaction score
I am trying to find a way to discretely place the sensors around a monitor without the full bezel. Just a small case for each one with a small window for the sensor and the rest is covered (black) and the ability to stick them around the monitor. I would get some raceway to go between them. It would be a relatively easy project - anyone know of or willing to try this?
Thanks.

You can probably get something similar to this to house the led array in.

61sl9W+vIbL._SL1200_.jpg

You might have to make holes for the leds.

@twistedsymphony Has an awesome writeup on doing something similar.

even if you have cases for each module, the real ugly part is the wiring between them all.

I used C channel aluminum in my setup with holes drilled for the IR windows and PCB mounts ad painted satin black. I then designed and 3D printed corner brackets to hold it together. On mine it hangs from the ceiling in front of my projector screen but there's no reason something similar couldn't be attached to a cab. In-fact I've seen a number of factory setups on YAJ recently that seemed to be designed exactly like mine just smaller for an LCD.

You can see my project here: Shooting Gallery: Sega Type-II IR on a 108" front projection setup.

Derick,

Do you have a link for this to purchase?
They are both great options; wondering where you would find the one you have in the pictures.
Thanks.

61sl9W+vIbL._SL1200_.jpg

Derick,

Do you have a link for this to purchase?
They are both great options; wondering where you would find the one you have in the pictures.
Thanks.

61sl9W+vIbL._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KC8KLNS/ref=sspa_dk_detail_7?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07KC8KLNS

These are led strip light diffusers and such. Its just an example. I dont know if the smoked diffuser will passthru IR signals, so you might have to drill a for that. Also you need to see how deep the u channel is so it can accommodate the IR boards and wiring. But Im sure you are accounting for all that. THere are many options to buy these so check around for what fits your needs best, good luck and let us know how you make out :)

Back