What's new

daskrabs

Student
Reaction score
If you're looking for an X3 Multi IO solution to use with a JAMMA-wired cab or supergun for an that doesn't involve the $250 JAMMA Fast IO (K91X1204), get any one of the cheaper FAST IO units (I guess there's several), and a Pandora Box Home JAMMA harness instead.

20211203_221940.jpg

You'll need to sand down the sides of the plug and the middle nub so that it fits into the G1 housing, move a few leads into different spots, and put some heat shrink on the 12V and ground lines, but it works, and you'll save $200. I do need to add a Kick Harness plug for buttons 4-5-6, but it works great so far.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
The JVS io boards that support 6 buttons are more expensive than the JAMMA IO boards.

That JVs io board you're running there 1234A doesn't support 6 buttons. Unless you've found a way to make it work with 6 buttons, do tell!

daskrabs

Student
Reaction score
It's a fast io, not jvs. But I'll let you know about the extra buttons.

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
Ok, so the protocal is fastio that it communicates via, but the wiring i hear generally called "vewlix jvs"

This is the standard pinout for the 60 pin on those, but almost all of those types of IO boards that you see only work with 4 buttons. Just test it with a wire before you make up a harness. Ground button 5 or 6 and see if it functions. I'm curious to hear. You should be able to get button 4 to work as well.

1638622005803.png

daskrabs

Student
Reaction score
Right you are, sir. I got 4 buttons only on 1234A and 1234B boards. That's weak sauce. Anyone know how to flash or dump these things yet? What model would be the cheapest that supports 6 buttons?

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
Right you are, sir. I got 4 buttons only on 1234A and 1234B boards. That's weak sauce. Anyone know how to flash or dump these things yet? What model would be the cheapest that supports 6 buttons?

I was hoping I was wrong in this case....

AFAIK no one has really tried to work them out yet. There's versions that do support 6 buttons but they are extremely hard to come by now days. The JAMMA fastio board is pretty much the way everyone goes because you just can't find the other ones that support 6 buttons. JAMMA fastio board or JVS if you're running the multi.

Unfortunately cheap, 6 buttons and fastio don't ususally go in the same sentence! You probably just have to bite the bullet and go for the JAMMA fastio. I don't have any alternative advice for you, unless someone else wants to enlighten me!

daskrabs

Student
Reaction score
Two more small details:

-The PB harness has no Test switch on the JAMMA edge, but you can remove one of the unused connections like the speaker ones, and connect it from the IO (pin 21) in the G connector and solder to the JAMMA edge (pin 15). Works fine.

-The Coin 1 and 2 inputs on the IO board are disabled by default. Activate them by enabling DIP 1.