What's new

Spunkworks

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Today I got a Chewlix L cab from a friend who wanted to free up some space in his man cave.
The cabinet is JAMMA wired, but I want to wire my Taito Type X2 hardware to this cabinet, but I have no clue what to get.
Do I need some JAMMA to JVS convertor, or is there some JVS wire harness I can buy to get this setup working? If possible i like to be able to switch between JAMMA and JVS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HI Spunk,

It sounds like you need a JVS IO, have you had a look under the hood, there may be one already fitted and you will be good to go.

HI Spunk,

It sounds like you need a JVS IO, have you had a look under the hood, there may be one already fitted and you will be good to go.
Hmm, i don't think there is one installed, I just see a JAMMA connector. Would a SEGA IO from a Naomi cab work?

Hmm, i don't think there is one installed, I just see a JAMMA connector. Would a SEGA IO from a Naomi cab work?
Yep. A Sega JAMMA to JVS IO would work. Just need a little bit of additional wiring to go with it.

It’s the same thing. Pretty plug and play for anything less than 6 buttons. You’ll potentially need some extra wiring for the kicks (buttons 4-6)

Usually chewlix is slightly different with chamma instead of jamma

It’s the same thing. Pretty plug and play for anything less than 6 buttons. You’ll potentially need some extra wiring for the kicks (buttons 4-6)
I managed to get it working, button 1-5 over the jamma edge and button 6 to the IO's kick harness..

Back