What's new

Benimaru77

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

hope there is anyone out there who could help me here:

I've got a HotD3 cab which has worked fine for a while. As I have moved to another place, I have decided to disassemble it completely for cleaning purposes.
However, I have completely assembled it again and now everything I receive after the game loading screen is a "Error 11: I/O board not connected" message.
I've already tried a second I/O board and another USB cable, the result stays the same. The I/O board itself has 2 red lights on, ich very connector is connected. I'm completely clueless and a bit depressed now. Could the mainboard itself have developed some sort of issue?
ANY hints appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• _20201004_183750.JPG
    _20201004_183750.JPG
    895.7 KB · Views: 162
@Benimaru77 Is it me or does your cn7 has a melted/burned connector? Also check your voltages maybe your psu is shot or there is a short somewhere

Haha oké good :) but check all your voltages first so 3.3 - 5.0 and 12 volt

also do a check in the system and do an i/o check to see if there is any responds

Thanks! Just tested the voltage, everything as it should be.
How could I start an I/O check?
The demag button works, but the service and test buttons don't respond during this screen:

Attachments

• _20201004_192156.JPG
    _20201004_192156.JPG
    900.4 KB · Views: 150
Oké there are 2 test and service buttons on the chihiro itself . You can do tests there. But I still think you have an bad I/o or a broken usb cable maybe?

Unfortunately I've already tried a spare I/O and another USB cable... That's what drives me crazy right now. :(

Have you tried cleaning the USB port on the Chihiro, could have got a big bit of dust inside or something?

There are a few lights on the IO board. One of them is the sense line LED - if the IO board is working correctly, after the Chihiro boots you should hear a little click from the IO board and another LED should show up. Do you get that?

Jep, cleaned every connector with 99% isopropyl alcohol.
The 2 red lights start to glow simultaneously after hitting the power switch.
Here's a short video:

I don’t fully know how the harness works but the cable looks like it might go into something else or be very long.

Have you tried a short usb cable from the IO straight to the JVS input on the Chihiro?

If you go into the Chihiro test menu (not game test) and goto JVS test does it say one is connected?

Yes, I've tried also a shorter USB cable.
The test service buttons don't react at all, only the demag button.

Those are the test and service buttons connected to the IO. You should be able to use the test and service buttons on the front of the chihiro itself to navigate the menus.

Alright, some news on this:
I got my hands on a Naomi Board and with this one, I'm able to access the test menu.
With the Chihiro plugged in again: no response.
So is it safe to say, that the Chihiro board itself is faulty?

Yes maybe a trace on the filter board is burned out. I can repair it if you want but I’m located in the Netherlands .

Back