What's new

RayBullty

Student
Reaction score
Hi
I just recived my Lindbergh and its full of crap. When i opened i saw a smelly, oily big big big ball of dust. This shit say me "hellow, whatsupp mate".... The big fan in the back side its blocked with another oily, smelly brother of the first one, so i use my vacum to take them away. The mother board its alsow full of dust and the fan of the graphic card its also full.
So, i disambled all the parts and clean with a soft brush and vacum all and leaving much better. The cpu fan its full of crap, so i take all the parts off and in the way, to put new thermal paste in the Pentium 4. My surprise.... In the P4 there isn´t paste on it. only a rubber in the disipator but no paste.
Do you know guys, if this is ok? or better to put paste in the P4 and thats all? Any body did this?
Thanks.

39872983-B2AB-4B4B-95BA-5A564F08A153.jpeg

DF3A13B9-1D86-427D-BA68-9B77456E2AE1.jpeg

Last edited:
Definitely put paste on it.
Clean off what's there, and apply fresh thermal paste to it. I used ARCTIC MX-4 for mine.

Also for the chassis fan, I would recommend replacing it with a better Noctua. I went with this one: https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-F1...=12v+120mm+fan+3000rpm&qid=1622063286&sr=8-18

You'll have to repin the connector though.

It's slightly quieter than the stock chassis fan, but still at 3000 RPM so it cools the case down well. These Noctua's are so efficient with airflow.

Make sure all the venting intake holes are clear and clean of dust, and definitely make sure you got good cable management inside so there's good constant airflow.

Clean off what's there, and apply fresh thermal paste to it. I used ARCTIC MX-4 for mine.

Also for the chassis fan, I would recommend replacing it with a better Noctua. I went with this one: https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-F1...=12v+120mm+fan+3000rpm&qid=1622063286&sr=8-18

It's slightly quieter than the stock chassis fan, but still at 3000 RPM so it cools the case down well. These Noctua's are so efficient with airflow.

Make sure all the venting intake holes are clear and clean of dust, and definitely make sure you got good cable management inside so there's good constant airflow.
Hi
Thanks very much for your reply. I will put Arctic thermal paste as you recommended to me. Do you think that it’s a good idea to remove the rubber from the aluminium disipador, or leave as it?

Respecting the big fan, I was thinking to put one from a pc, or a little noctua, but this one that you linked, seems to be very cool. I will buy one of this and replace the big noisy one.
The graphic card, I opened the case and cleaned all the dust, for a better refrigeration, but the little fan look like a bit hard for spin. Maybe need some 3 in 1 oil? Or better find a replacement?
Thanks a lot

7750EDA3-6A0A-416C-9968-35CF2DEEEB08.jpeg

3B5F9F48-B45D-44B5-8DB6-CE3FBDCF0C2F.jpeg

Last edited:
I had the same issue with mine. It had a gunky brown sticky substance all over the interior.

Yes bro make sure you clean it up nicely. After I cleaned up mine I can't get mine to boot up. So I got some troubleshooting to do today.

Yes bro make sure you clean it up nicely. After I cleaned up mine I can't get mine to boot up. So I got some troubleshooting to do today.
Dont forget conect all the wires. One in the Graphic card, one un the HDD, little one (4 pins) in the pcb, and if you disconected the 2 molex, put them again.
Mine didnt start but was the power wire to the graphic. when i conected it again, it started perfect.

Hi
Just arrive the noctua, but didnt test yet. Are you sure that i need to repin? Wich ones need to move?
Thanks

Hi
Just arrive the noctua, but didnt test yet. Are you sure that i need to repin? Wich ones need to move?
Thanks
Yeah, the noctua fan connector is too big for the mobo header. And the connector uses 4 pins, rather than the 3 pins the mobo expects. What i did was splice the original connector's wires onto the Noctua's.

For the pinout you need to connect the Noctua's:
Black to black (Gnd)
yellow to red (12v)
green to yellow (12v) of the old connector’s wires.

For reference, here's the Noctua pinout.
1625169603329.png

Hello again
While looking for a suitable molex to change the fan (I don't want to cut the wires from the original fan), I have been running the machine to see what game it brings. The fact is that I get this error (See the video blow). I assume that the configuration of the switches is for another type of monitor. I've tried a couple of different size monitors but can't see anything. Any suggestion?

P.D.: The processor fan, after a while it becomes very noisy. Who knows the reference to find a new one? Thank you

Hello again
While looking for a suitable molex to change the fan (I don't want to cut the wires from the original fan), I have been running the machine to see what game it brings. The fact is that I get this error (See the video blow). I assume that the configuration of the switches is for another type of monitor. I've tried a couple of different size monitors but can't see anything. Any suggestion?

P.D.: The processor fan, after a while it becomes very noisy. Who knows the reference to find a new one? Thank you

Here is a tread that helped me out a lot with the fans.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/taito-type-x2-replacing-turbine-fans-with-silent-fans.2691/

Be advised use Ebay as well as Amazon for those fans.

Also try setting all DIP switches off except 8.
Same error 51. :)

dipswitch / resolutions are here:
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Lindbergh

what game are you trying to run?
Thanks, im going to check.
The game? i dont know wich one it is. In the memory card have this printed:
Lindbergh MDA-C0004A REV.B
in the key chip: 253-5508--0573
In google seems to be one cards game... but i want to try to see.

Here is a tread that helped me out a lot with the fans.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/taito-type-x2-replacing-turbine-fans-with-silent-fans.2691/

Be advised use Ebay as well as Amazon for those fans.
Thanks for the help, im going to check the info

I have tried all the settings and it has not worked. Maybe the monitor is not supported. Unfortunately switch 8 has broken its leg. I think they are very hard and it takes a lot to move them. I don't know if they can be lubricated, so as not to break more legs

I just tried contact cleaner, and its a little softer.

_6OY0j_P3xVvOp2?width=495&height=660&cropmode=none.jpg

The problem its switch 8. I need to find a replacement of this part:
1iXpGF7HcLD4eyQ?width=495&height=660&cropmode=none.jpg

And.... How do you get off the key? it's super hard. I think if I shoot harder, I'll break the pcb

Last edited:
Back