What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I was setting up my Net City for Cosmic Smash and didn't have the move strip.
The official move strip just explains the function of the buttons and that pushing both jump+smash at the same time does a "trick smash" but there are quite a few trick smashes you can do.

So I made my own custom move strip using the trick smash "special move" instructions from the Japanese Dreamcast manual. Translated to english

I'm pretty happy with the result and I figured I'd share if anyone else is interested.
cosmic_smash_move_strip.png

Attachments

• cosmic_smash_move_strip.zip
    511 KB · Views: 88
Do you have the marquee? I'm missing all of the artwork for this game.

I have a repo of the European marquee that I bought from Spectre on AO

There's a scan of the official JP move strip on the AO wiki: https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/5/56/CosmicSmash_InstructionStrip.png
I've never seen a scan of the Euro move strip but it's essentially the same thing just black and in English. There's a picture here: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/working-sega-naomi-cab-200_topic341994.html

I do also have an original European panel with the bus map, I've stumbled across a full scan of this before, though I don't remember where.

The Euro cab is pretty bad-ass
1181242070276.jpg

JP didn't have a dedicated cab and the artwork sucks (marquee is just a big version of the move strip)
ci-170623202847-960.jpg

I have seen some custom marquees including a white version of the euro marquee and one with the logo move to the left with an image of the player on the right.

Last edited:
I have the Euro cab, I can assure you it doesn't look like that. For one, the monitor surround and bezel is just a paint job. Also, if you compare the CP you have with the image, it doesn't match. Start button is on the right.

Unfortunately, the cab I own had been converted to 2-player and all of the artwork is missing.

I have the scan for the control panel.

yeah you can tell it's just paint in the ukvac thread I linked. other than the start button being in the wrong place on the flyer image, what's different about the rest of the cab? it looks pretty much the same to every other real photo I've seen.

Well, yeah, I guess it isn't really more than that, but the paint job isn't very good and lets the overall look down a lot. I'm annoyed that Sega had those translucent surrounds made, but the Euro cab doesn't have them for cost cutting reasons. It's like a poor imitation.

Would be interesting to know how many of those cabs that are like that promo image were made and for what market.

There's pics of the surround here:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...rsal-cosmic-smash-cab-help.11377/#post-183784

Notice also the black side art on the legs. I kind of like that and I might go for that in my cab. It fits the two tone thing the cab is going for.

I'm annoyed that Sega had those translucent surrounds made, but the Euro cab doesn't have them for cost cutting reasons. It's like a poor imitation.
Interesting I've never seen an actual translucent one before. the Euro market cabs were pretty terrible, as were the US market cabs. lots of shortcuts it seems Sega just shipped the empty shells and left all of the artwork, wiring etc to the local assemblers who took the lowest cost options possible.

I don't really understand where that middle piece was supposed to be put.
I think it's just an alternative marquee for non sega cabs

Back