What's new

ramosribeiro2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a cps1 (a+b+c) street fighter champion edition that has sound problems on board A (cps1 with sound problem, effects, kicks, punches and missing voices). I've already done the replacement of the 6295 oki as shown in the figure. and the problem remains. can someone help me solve the audio problem? the soundtracks are working.
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-19 at 21.44.38.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-18 at 17.41.55.jpeg

check the connections back to the roms
last cps1 i looked at had sprite issues that turned out being the interboard connectors that are just pushed in - i soldered them and it fixed it

Why have you replaced the OKI? Easiest is to use an audio probe and go backwards in the audio circuitry. Do you have anything on the pre-amp dedicated to samples?

Por que você substituiu o OKI? O mais fácil é usar uma sonda de áudio e retroceder no circuito de áudio. Você tem algo no pré-amplificador dedicado a samples?
substitua a oki porque o vendedor da placa me recomendou. Não entendi muito bem sua resposta. Por favor seja mais específico. ps. quando toco nesses dois capacitores com o dedo, o som de vozes e chutes retorna.
Why have you replaced the OKI? Easiest is to use an audio probe and go backwards in the audio circuitry. Do you have anything on the pre-amp dedicated to samples?
replace the oki because the board seller recommended it to me. I didn't quite understand your answer. please be more specific. ps. when I tap these two capacitors with my finger, the sound of voices and kicks returns.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-08-24 at 13.33.16.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-24 at 13.33.16.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 94
I didn't quite understand your answer. please be more specific.
More specific? L O L
I told you in details what to do. Sorry mate, if you don't want to make a little effort on your side to understand what it means there's nothing more I can do.

More specific? L O L
I told you in details what to do. Sorry mate, if you don't want to make a little effort on your side to understand what it means there's nothing more I can do.
I'm sorry, and I'm a beginner. but I've checked the entire circuit with multimeter. I'm not using pre-amp dedicated to samples. i replaced all the pcb capacitors. ha13001 has no problem. will it be possible to give the other audio ci, such as the z80, YM3012 etc?

That sounds like a cold joint; try re-flowing or replacing those caps.
but i checked the entire circuit with multimeter. I replaced all pcb capacitors. ha13001 no problem. the problem may be in audio ci, like z80, YM3012 etc?

You said when you tap the two capacitors the sounds come back. There’s your solution there. You’ve gotta figure out why that is. It genuinely sounds like a loose connection.

You said when you tap the two capacitors the sounds come back. There’s your solution there. You’ve gotta figure out why that is. It genuinely sounds like a loose connection.
the sound comes back more with some interference. I need an idea of what the problem is

Apocalypse is legit an arcade board repair genius. He’s famous in his home country, if he’s willing to work with you on this I guarantee it is worth your time. You’re able to swap SMD chips already so once the problem is pinpointed it will be an easy fix for you.

Also have a read of this. Buyer beware on Ali. But what now seems to be happening is that eBay sellers are drop-shipping Ali stuff to unsuspecting buyers
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...d-of-chinese-cps-1-conversions-on-ebay.17026/
Is it possible the board could be one of these eBay-Ali-dropships?

Apocalypse is legit an arcade board repair genius. He’s famous in his home country, if he’s willing to work with you on this I guarantee it is worth your time. You’re able to swap SMD chips already so once the problem is pinpointed it will be an easy fix for you.

Also have a read of this. Buyer beware on Ali. But what now seems to be happening is that eBay sellers are drop-shipping Ali stuff to unsuspecting buyers
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...d-of-chinese-cps-1-conversions-on-ebay.17026/
you say change smd sound chips like z80, YM3012 etc? how do i get in touch with apocalypse?

Attachments

• IMG_20210824_214617.jpg
    IMG_20210824_214617.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 72
help, I've changed all capacitors, ha13001, oki, z80 and y3012. I no longer know what to do. i think i will discard the pcb.

Like Apocalypse said, you need an audio probe to trace back through the circuitry to see where the audio is not being generated. You might need a logic probe as well. The problem you will have depending on where the traces go you might not be able to easily access them because of the a-b-c board stack. You will need some type of riser interconnect to give you clearance.

Your shotgun approach of just changing components does not always work, unless you replace everything :), at that point just buy a working board, it will be cheaper/faster. Also, replacing those okis, amp, etc... is no guaranteed they are real or good working ones. You need to test with audio probe.

Good luck.

finally after a lot of work i discovered the defect in the audio that was causing problems in the sound of kicks, voices etc. after changing oki chip, z80, all capacitors, 4 ci 5218a, ci yamaha ym2151, chip ym3012 among others, I found that the defect was simply resistor R47 (2.2k). problem solved and sound working perfectly.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-21 at 11.12.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-21 at 11.12.06.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 81
Was there any visible damage that made you suspect the resistor? Or were you just parts-swapping?

Back