What's new

kardus

Student
Reaction score
I recently obtained a 'suicided' USA CPS2 A+B board combo (alpha 3) that I intended to use for the multikit.

The A board boots to a solid green screen with no B board connected (is there anything wrong with this?). I was told it was tested and working fine although I have no way to be sure because of the state of my B-board, so I was wondering if this was expected behaviour.

I've pretty much given up on the B-board (rev 3). On opening it, it seems like there would be more problems than I thought. The dead battery had corroded off and left a lot of crap on the board, although most of the damage was localized to that corner and it didn't look that bad at first. I cleaned it up with some alcohol, and tested most of the dubious points for continuity. On closer inspection it seems I missed a bunch of legs that were just corroded off/totally gone from a few of the ICs adjacent to the PAL. I tried jumping these to the underside of the board with no luck.

Yeah the A-board will not boot without a B-board. Sorry to hear about the battery damage. I had one that was really bad a few weeks ago.

Back