What's new

ImplodedSub

Beginner
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to clean the PCB borards with a battery still running.

My general procedure to clean a B board without a battery is:
- remove the PCB from the plastic shell
- use canned/compressed air to blow dust out of the shell and off the PCB
- wipe the shell down with water and paper towels (I try to keep the stickers dry, but they seem waterproof)
- clean any crevices in the shell with water and q-tips
- clean any dirt off the PCB with q-tips and rubbing alcohol, drying with compressed air

I'd avoid dousing the PCB because of the battery, but I dunno. Is there anything specific you're concerned about? The PCB will be inside the shell, does it need to be pristine or would blowing the dust off and cleaning the shell be good enough for you?

? The PCB will be inside the shell, does it need to be pristine or would blowing the dust off and cleaning the shell be good enough for you?

The PCB is just exposed so i wanted to know the best to clean with the battery still running?
I will just use ISO and be careful lol

You can also use a cheap chip brush from a paint/hardware store to carefully whisk/sweep dust off the PCB. Done it plenty of times on battery B boards of any value. 91% IPA & cotton Q-tips are also your friend here for spot cleaning both PCB & case. Just make sure to not rub both too hard on the plastic case if you decide to do so.

Back