What's new

benime

Professional
Reaction score
Nope. We heard it was deleted accidentally. Everything will be back. It takes a few days to re-upload everything from what I hear.
Any update on this?

Need the M72 pack, and it would appear you can't use SMDB and the old script from @Apocalypse to generate a proper set.

karoshi

Beginner
Reaction score
Installing our Darksoft CPS2s tonight, any update on the roll up kit links? only thing we could find is from 2016..

edit: resolved! thank you for the PM.

Last edited:

Heatermania

Student
Reaction score
Hey guys. Been having a bit of a time of it adding a couple of games to my SD Card.

Marvel Superheroes Vs Street Fighter (USA)
Night Warriors; Darkstalkers Revenge (USA)
Vampire Hunter 2 (Jap)

The Punisher (Conversion)
Street Fighter 2 Turbo Hyper Fighting (Conversion)
Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition (Conversion)

Street Fighter Legacy

I'm running the original version of the Darksoft kit, without the key writing. Can anyone help me out? Either hosting the right files or by showing me what I'm doing wrong? I feel like a dunce.

jassin000

Multi Boyz Sheriff
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I'm running the original version of the Darksoft kit, without the key writing.
Without key support you can only run decrypted ROM sets (ie the conversions should work, but not the original/first 3 you listed as you need the decrypted versions).

BroadwayJose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Heatermania All of the CPS1/1.5 conversions, hacks and new stuff your asking about are set up as encrypted roms. They didn't exist prior to key writing on the multi became an option. Likewise for games in other regions than what the decrypted set allows for. In order to play these games you will need to enable key writing on your multi.

Heatermania

Student
Reaction score
How would I go about tracking down the unencrypted versions?
The old/original packs (before key writing was an option) are ALL decrypted.
I have the old sets, and those games aren't in the base set or the add on set. That's why I was asking if anyone had the files. There's only the Japanese MSHvsSF, Vampire Savior 2, and the japanese version of Night Warriors (Vampire Hunter) in the set.

Unless I'm missing something?

Heatermania

Student
Reaction score
@Heatermania All of the CPS1/1.5 conversions, hacks and new stuff your asking about are set up as encrypted roms. They didn't exist prior to key writing on the multi became an option. Likewise for games in other regions than what the decrypted set allows for. In order to play these games you will need to enable key writing on your multi.
So there are no unencrypted versions? I got the CPS2 second hand and don't know a thing about wiring up keywriting.

jassin000

Multi Boyz Sheriff
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
So there are no unencrypted versions?
Nope, you'd have to make them yourself.
Good news is this IS possible, bad news is its going to be easier to open up that CPS2 and just install the damn key writing wires.
I believe you'd also have to flash the key writing firmware, unless this was done for you prior to purchasing (if the kit is really old you might need to do this externally).

Anselmo

Professional
Reaction score
@Heatermania real simple, contact @Mitsurugi-w and he he can install key writing wires for you. Definitely recommend over doing yourself if you are not comfortable soldering/crimping wires.

jassin000

Multi Boyz Sheriff
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
contact @Mitsurugi-w and he he can install key writing wires for you
Also he can flash the firmware if its needed, regardless of the version its currently running (something you'd potentially need a external writer/bit blaster for).

Heatermania

Student
Reaction score
One thought though. I *DO* have the Progear Halfway To Hell Red Label on my multi and it runs fine. Wouldn't that mean most of these other ones would work as well?

PascalP

Legendary
Reaction score
One thought though. I *DO* have the Progear Halfway To Hell Red Label on my multi and it runs fine. Wouldn't that mean most of these other ones would work as well?
IIRC this was released pre-keywriting?

war3zlod3r

Student
Reaction score
Quick and maybe noobish question but if I wanna have progear (no hacks) and halfway to hell or the second loop hack, how could I do this so I have all three on the SD? Would I need to make a seperate rom folder or just add the hacks and the multi knows the difference?

xodaraP

Enlightened
Reaction score
They need to be in 3 separate folders (they are this way in the roll up pack) in the correct format with empty key files included

war3zlod3r

Student
Reaction score
I see now, thanks for the heads up on that. I wasn't sure if they were already setup in the new Roll-up or if it need to be done manually. Thanks again I owe you a beer or two at this point!

l_oliveira

Professional
Reaction score
Not really, some of the newer hacks are patches made on top of encrypted sets so they can be used on original protected boards by just swapping EPROMs out. Beware of that. Only the CPS1Q conversions are 100% sure to be decrypted.

Heatermania

Student
Reaction score
Ok... Sent my CPS2 Multi to Mitsurugi, got the keywriting and firmware set up, now I just need to get my hands on a complete, updated set for the SD card, so I can start whittling it down to the versions I really want, and get the *NAME* files ready to go....

So, the $64,000 question....

Anyone got a link to the current form of the complete set?