What's new

Heatermania

Student
Reaction score
I just want to try to inject a bit of positivity in this thread and thank Darksoft, Smokemonster, and everyone else who makes this community a better place, and enables us to enjoy these fantastic products that, lest we forget, have come into play egregiously past the shelf life date of the consoles involved.

We can all achieve more if we can just remember that we all love this hobby, and should be grateful to the people that make it possible for us to continue to enjoy it.

Nobody's trying to be needlessly selfish here. Everyone has a valid point, but at the end of the day, I have to agree with Smokemonster.

Besides. This is a very friendly forum. Nine times out of ten, if you ask for help, you'll get it.

I speak from experience.

piscian18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am curious. I assumed we are explicitly not to share packs and such here for legal reasons right? I have some decrypts I did myself and packs, but haven't responded to any requests because I assumed we weren't allowed. Am I incorrect? Maybe the discussion is confusing me.

drfunk2k

Grand Master
Reaction score
I am curious. I assumed we are explicitly not to share packs and such here for legal reasons right? I have some decrypts I did myself and packs, but haven't responded to any requests because I assumed we weren't allowed. Am I incorrect? Maybe the discussion is confusing me.
hxxps://archive.org/download/darksoft

that link comes from the 1st post in this thread.
before people became rude, all i was stating was that i was seeding the torrent link that ALREADY exsisted. Share to care...
I didnt create the rom pack, i didnt create the torrent file, i am merely just seeding it to keep someones hard work alive

and as for the Smokemonster post:
"That is the very definition of entitlement.
Buying Darksoft's multis do not give you the right to do anything with my EverDrive Lists, period."

i dont touch your everdrive lists and i never have lol as my post says i simply seeded the torrent that is on the 1st page of this thread , which you posted
i am trying to help keep it alive.

anyways i am done with this <3

SmokeMonster

Champion
Reaction score
spend $500 on a multi and find a .dat...... yea .....
your reply makes you an ass...... not a victor
wow you guys are so high up...... you buy the everdrives and the multis and then you are coy about where to get the roms... like you aren't doing what everyone else does....

let me guess SmokeMonster you are dumping all the roms that you own and are in compliance with DCMA rules......
wack ass mofos.....
i d/l the roms myself and I act coy on how to get the roms after hundreds of dollars spent on a multi.......... i am so cool
as jassin000 said put up or shut up!
... dont be a dick....
Before people became rude?

Last edited:

drfunk2k

Grand Master
Reaction score
@Darksoft asked me if we can all just get along. So on that note. I love you Smokemonster. Together we all can make the arcade scene more fun and understandable. We are all children of God. May we give grace to each other as the good Lord gave to us. I'm sorry. If your not religious than i can offer this... "One love" - Bob Marley

suprawhite

Student
Reaction score
Do you have a link to 0.4b? I only see 0.3b there.
Here you go. I have to search on google because I saw youtube have people playing version v0.4 and the link we have here only for v0.3. At first, I wasn't sure if this is version v0.4, but after downloading I look at the date then I sense it's the v0.4 because both files are the same. Folder - Google Drive

jassin000

Multi Boyz Sheriff
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Meh, I don't really care for ROM hacks.
Even when they clearly make the game way better as in the case of @rtw 's Bubble Bobble Black

Only one real exception to this rule... That fan hacked 3 player Final Fight.

Word around the camp fire; Capcom's original intention was always for a three player fighting game.
Something they soon achieved/exceeded afterwards with the release of Captain Commando...
But at that time, and still new to the CPS1 hardware (game was actually developed on a X68000) it had to be cut.

Wish the fan hack could have redux'd the life bars somehow, I hate how the 3rd bar blocks so much of the action.X/

Last edited:

xodaraP

Enlightened
Reaction score
I need to try that hack - is it possible to run it on original hardware?

jassin000

Multi Boyz Sheriff
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I haven't attempted to run it on a real CPS1 no...
I'm sure compatible versions have been made/are likely floating around the net because that latest Chinese 18-in-1 CPS1 multi, it comes included/burned.